Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi All,
I really could do with a bit of help on what should be a really simple issue. I have an Autowatch Canbus 695 RCL alarm system installed which I believe is a pretty common / popular system.
The problem. When I leave the bedroom and enter the main habitation area I unset the alarm using the fob. The doors unlock and the flashing warning light stops flashing. Great so far!
However, if I don’t then manually open and close the main habitation and cab doors the system automatically rearms and then activates (siren sounds) whilst I’m moving around inside the van.
I have to open / close the doors because if I don't, the system ‘thinks’ that as no doors have been opened, I may have pressed the unset button accidentally so on my behalf automatically rearms which obviously I don’t want to happen. It’s like when you unlock your car using the fob and if you don’t open the doors it automatically relocks.
So my question is……..how do I cancel the auto rearm function as having to cancel the alarm and then having to go through the rigmarole of having to manually open / close all the doors (possibly in the middle of the night) is ridiculous.
Any ideas PLEASE!!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think you may have a fault, I've had Autowatch alarms on 3 vans never had that problem. I would talk to your installer.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Firstly, yes you can program out the auto re-arm function, I did as I found it a pain in the backside, plus are you aware that when you arm your system, if you press the arm button again after a second or two after arming it will disarm the internal sensors leaving just the doors and any locker sensors armed.

PM me if you want help on programming out the auto re-arm function.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Firstly, yes you can program out the auto re-arm function, I did as I found it a pain in the backside, plus are you aware that when you arm your system, if you press the arm button again after a second or two after arming it will disarm the internal sensors leaving just the doors and any locker sensors armed.

PM me if you want help on programming out the auto re-arm function.
Learnt something didn't know that but my last 2 vans not had the CANBUS version as no central locking.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hi All,
I really could do with a bit of help on what should be a really simple issue. I have an Autowatch Canbus 695 RCL alarm system installed which I believe is a pretty common / popular system.
The problem. When I leave the bedroom and enter the main habitation area I unset the alarm using the fob. The doors unlock and the flashing warning light stops flashing. Great so far!
However, if I don’t then manually open and close the main habitation and cab doors the system automatically rearms and then activates (siren sounds) whilst I’m moving around inside the van.
I have to open / close the doors because if I don't, the system ‘thinks’ that as no doors have been opened, I may have pressed the unset button accidentally so on my behalf automatically rearms which obviously I don’t want to happen. It’s like when you unlock your car using the fob and if you don’t open the doors it automatically relocks.
So my question is……..how do I cancel the auto rearm function as having to cancel the alarm and then having to go through the rigmarole of having to manually open / close all the doors (possibly in the middle of the night) is ridiculous.
Any ideas PLEASE!!
Most vehicles (with an alarm or not) tend to lock themselves if the doors aren't used. My Merc base van & our Smart do it unless the keys are left in the ignition.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
As two on tour said, press the arm but twice to disable internal sensors, I have no problem moving about inside with the alarm on, But often forget to cancel the alarm when going out much to the annoyance
Of people nearby :D2

OP
OP
Kev and Ju
Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
Guys thanks for that and that could be the answer. I’m staying over tonight so I’ll give it a go.

So just to confirm, after setting the alarm as if to go to bed, if I set the alarm again (after a few seconds) it will disarm the internal sensors but leave all the doors and lockers armed leaving me free to move around the van without triggering the alarm?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Guys thanks for that and that could be the answer. I’m staying over tonight so I’ll give it a go.

So just to confirm, after setting the alarm as if to go to bed, if I set the alarm again (after a few seconds) it will disarm the internal sensors but leave all the doors and lockers armed leaving me free to move around the van without triggering the alarm?
That’s correct
The alarm will do a bleep to confirm that the internal sensor is deactivated

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
As Robert says, your alarm will chirp as normal on the first press to arm and then one single beep on the second press to confirm the internal sensors are deactivated.
This procedure has to be follows each time you wish to disable the internal sensor as when you dis-arm your alarm reverts to full alarm.

Please note that you will still have to open a door within the 30 seconds when you dis-arm your alarm until you re-program your alarm to not auto re-arm automatically.
If you want to disable auto re-arm function then it can only be done if you know your 4 digit security code that came with your alarm.

OP
OP
Kev and Ju
Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks all for that and I'll report back. I've only had the van for a week and have reported this issue to the dealer who is looking into it for me, but I thought I'd raise it here in case he draws a blank and of course for the benefit of other Funsters:). I didn't get any paperwork for the alarm and haven't got the 4 digit PIN code although as the dealer got the alarm fitted for the previous owner so he should be able to obtain it for me from the installers.
FYI and I'm not sure if it makes any difference to the advice given above but I'm using the actual programmed key fob not the little plastic disc fob with the 4 buttons on it.

Last edited:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp

Do the second press WITHIN 3 seconds not a few seconds after the first. As Two on Tour says, listen for the chirrup then on the second press there should be a single blip.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
You can use your van key fob or the 4 button jobby as they both should have been programmed the same.

You should have been supplied with the alarms owners manual which should have a sticker on it with the alarms 5 digit security code (sorry not 4 as I said earlier) and an installation certificate that your insurers may need evidence of.

Without the security code you can not enter the alarm programming menus or add additional fobs or sensors, so chase up the dealer for them.

1568126187313.png

OP
OP
Kev and Ju
Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks and will do. I think I’ll be paying them a visit as there are a few bits and pieces to resolve. Nothing major.
Here’s a silly example! I have a Bailey Autograph on a Peugeot Boxer and during the handover whilst at the front of the vehicle with a flick of the wrist and like a rabbit out of a hat he produced a filler tube that connects to the Ad Blue filler. I’ve looked absolutely everywhere. It’s here somewhere but can I find it?.

OP
OP
Kev and Ju
Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
So we’re nearly there but one last question if I may. Not too tricky but I’ll explain the best I can.
I’ve just returned to the van and prior to entering I’ve unlocked the habitation and cab doors using the fob. I’ve obviously entered the van using the habitation door. However as I haven’t opened the cab doors as there was no need to the alarm has re armed and the really irritating blue light is flashing. It’s clearly indicating that the cab doors are still armed which is great but how do I stop the blue light flashing and lighting up the entire van while I’m inside? I suppose I could open and close the cab doors to prevent auto re arming but I shouldn’t have to keep doing that every time I need to enter via the habitation door. Any ideas please before I rip it out as it’s now more than irritating!! Thanks

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
As I said before, you need to program out the auto re-arm via the the alarm programing menu.
If don't or can't do that, then if you have Remis cab blinds then shut them and you don't have them then stick a bit of masking or insulation tape over the blue LED. (y)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
So we’re nearly there but one last question if I may. Not too tricky but I’ll explain the best I can.
I’ve just returned to the van and prior to entering I’ve unlocked the habitation and cab doors using the fob. I’ve obviously entered the van using the habitation door. However as I haven’t opened the cab doors as there was no need to the alarm has re armed and the really irritating blue light is flashing. It’s clearly indicating that the cab doors are still armed which is great but how do I stop the blue light flashing and lighting up the entire van while I’m inside? I suppose I could open and close the cab doors to prevent auto re arming but I shouldn’t have to keep doing that every time I need to enter via the habitation door. Any ideas please before I rip it out as it’s now more than irritating!! Thanks
Just put a mat over the light on the dash

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
On ours the dashboard light starts flashing 40 seconds the alarm has been disarmed (if you haven’t started the engine)

The flashing light is to warn you that the immobiliser has automatically been set.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
On ours the dashboard light starts flashing 40 seconds the alarm has been disarmed (if you haven’t started the engine)

The flashing light is to warn you that the immobiliser has automatically been set.
Thought it was just an alarm and the immobiliser was Fiat

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thought it was just an alarm and the immobiliser was Fiat
Ours is an alarm and an immobiliser
Not sure if this is standard across all models
You could easily test it by trying to start the engine when the light is flashing

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Ours is an alarm and an immobiliser
Not sure if this is standard across all models
You could easily test it by trying to start the engine when the light is flashing
The 695 is a Cat2-1 alarm not an immobilizer according to the Autowatch website.

OP
OP
Kev and Ju
Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
We’re off to Belgium for a week from tomorrow so we’ll live it and see how we go, but if the auto re-arming issues persist I’ll go down the ‘program out’ route.
I don’t trust myself to do it and I haven’t got the 5 digit PIN number anyway so I‘ll get the dealer to sort.
The frustrating thing is that I don’t want to do anything fancy with the system just set it when I leave and unset it when I return just like your car / home. How simple should that be?
I would add that its got to the point where I'm now carrying the keys / fob around with me in the van with my thumb on the disarm button as I never know when its going to go off and wind up my neighbours - now that's not relaxing!

Last edited:

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
The base vehicle CanBus is not connected to the Habitation door. Therefore when you open the Habitation door after disarming the alarm the alarm does not know you have opened the Habitation door. If you open one of the front doors it will know you have opened the door. When I fitted mine I didn’t bother with the internal sensor as we have a dog and we use both front and back beds.

Jack2009

Free Member
Oct 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Since 2016
I had a similar problem with the alarm not detecting the habitation door being opened and having to open a cab door. This only started after a few trips so I knew it wasn’t right. The sensor on the habitation door had a broken wire. The sensor is normally open circuit when the door is closed.
A disconnected wire means it is always open circuit and the alarm doesn’t detect the door opening.
After trying a few different switches from China, which all turned out to be closed circuit when the door was closed, I bought a two way switch from RS. This has the option of normally closed or normally open. Problem solved.
Having sorted that bit, I still can’t get the wireless PIR sensor to work. Any ideas?

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We have an auto watch alarm plus immobiliser too.
I thought the blue light was to warn potential intruders that the alarm was on ... between that and the clutch claw light our van is a fireworks display all night ? luckily we can separate the bedroom from the cab.

Does anyone know of you can get a bike loop for the Autowatch?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I didn't know you could disarm the auto rearm. When I disarm when in the mh, opening and closing the habit door stops it learning.
If the op contacts autowatch with log book, they may well deal directly with you rather than the dealer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back