Autowatch 650 alarm - keeps going off! (1 Viewer)

DECATIS

Free Member
Jul 21, 2023
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic180
Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and any other come to that. I was wondering if anyone has any instructions or can point me to a you tube video or blog which gives instructions on how to fix a fault with the habitation door sensor for the Autowatch 695RLC system. My Alarm keeps going off and annoying me, the wife and my neighbours

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If its a wires sensor replace the battery also check that the reed switch inside it is not cracked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and any other come to that. I was wondering if anyone has any instructions or can point me to a you tube video or blog which gives instructions on how to fix a fault with the habitation door sensor for the Autowatch 695RLC system. My Alarm keeps going off and annoying me, the wife and my neighbours

The door sensors have a habit of the contacts welding together.
I have replaced the hab door contact twice on our 2013 van, and now keep a spare in my box on spare on our van.
The contact is not the same as a house alarm, so your best bet is to ring Autowatch on 01732 886777 as they stock them and you know that it will be the correct type.

DECATIS

Free Member
Jul 21, 2023
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic180
Thanks for the responses.I have already been in touch with Autowatch and I am awaiting a call back from a technician. Was wondering how they are removed or replaced as I haven't done this before.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for the responses.I have already been in touch with Autowatch and I am awaiting a call back from a technician. Was wondering how they are removed or replaced as I haven't done this before.
On my particular van (Elddis Autoquest 175) I have to remove the sliding flyscreen frame which just pulls away from the door frame.
The wires for the contact exit under our van at the edge of the step recess. Giving the wires a tug to give a bit of slack, I then run a blade around the silicone that is used to seal around the contact face and then screw a wood screw into the face of the contact and pull it out with a pair of pliers.
Cut the contact wire at the rear of the old contact and tape the wire of the new contact to the wires of the old contact and gently pull the wire of the new contact through and under the van by pulling on the old contact wires.
Push the new contact into place and apply a smear of silicone to stop water ingress.
Connect the new contact wiring to the old contact wiring under the van and tidy up any slack.
The contact will probably have 4 wires but only two are the contact reed switch, but a multimeter and a magnet will determine which are the 2 wires you require.
Pop the flyscreen back in and job done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DECATIS

Free Member
Jul 21, 2023
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic180
Thanks all, Autowatch haven't responded yet but your help is much appreciated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back