AutoTrail Tracker EKS Air Bag Issue (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Due to unforseen circumstances, my van hasn't been used for a few month. When I went to get it for a clean, I noticed the airbag warning light on the dash stayed on with a message to 'check the airbag' and 'see handbook'. I didn't really find anything useful in the handbook, I phoned a Fiat dealership and asked them, the quoted £480for a whole new system and couldn't look at it till May (I'm going away 11 April).
Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks.

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Due to unforseen circumstances, my van hasn't been used for a few month. When I went to get it for a clean, I noticed the airbag warning light on the dash stayed on with a message to 'check the airbag' and 'see handbook'. I didn't really find anything useful in the handbook, I phoned a Fiat dealership and asked them, the quoted £480for a whole new system and couldn't look at it till May (I'm going away 11 April).
Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks.

A very common problem which we unearthed when we were considering buying a MH.

They can be repaired rather than replaced.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As above posts. Very common.
Just do a search on here or look on YouTube.
Personally I bought a new airbag ECU unit, fitted myself in 10 mins.
Local garage did the software upgrade ( proxy alignment) for £40.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you have a ¼“ or ⅜" ratchet and socket you can get it out without removing that centre part of the consul.

When you refit it fit an earth strap from the case to chassis. I crimped a couple of lugs onto a short length of 16mm² cable one end under one of the mounting bolts the other to bus bar on the neg battery terminal.

Upvote 0
May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
If you have a ¼“ or ⅜" ratchet and socket you can get it out without removing that centre part of the consul.

When you refit it fit an earth strap from the case to chassis. I crimped a couple of lugs onto a short length of 16mm² cable one end under one of the mounting bolts the other to bus bar on the neg battery terminal.
Interested to hear why you thought it neccessary to add cable please

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back