Autotrail/Fiat exterior LED lighting (1 Viewer)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
The latest Fiat Ducatos gave a row of LED's under the headlamps used as Day running lights.
I know one of the reasons for having a cluster of LED (these appear to be in a line), is if one bulb unit dies the remainder still continue to give an albeit reduced output.
Does anyone know if you can replace individual bulb units, or is it a full strip, or, is it a complete headlamp unit?
Likewise, later model Autotrails have WIPAC rear LED light units. Again, does anyone know if you replace individual failed bulb units, or if it has to be a complete lamp replacement?
The reason for asking is one of the requirements of European travel is carrying spare bulbs. I am struggling to find anything by way of web searches to cover this.
Can anyone assist please?

Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
Most automotive LEDs are sealed units without any replaceable 'bulbs'. The requirement to carry bulbs is only for bulbs that a changeable - these are not!

(In all my years travelling around Europe by car/motorhome, I've never had the need to present a set of bulbs to anyone!)

OP
OP
grumps147

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
That's what I am finding Tim, very few now have it as a compulsory requirement (Spain no longer require it). I am also assuming where LED's are used they are a complete unit.
More questions for the dealers, I just thought someone may have known how they were assembled.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back