Autotrail Cheiftian remote control for Digital TV Tuner (1 Viewer)

Werthefucarwe?

Free Member
Nov 8, 2015
On the road
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Full Timers
Help Please - we have a 2010 Autotrail Frontier Chieftain with the factory fitted extra Media Pack.When we got the van the remote control that operates the Mobile Digital TV Tuner was missing and try as we might we have not been able to locate one as the units are no longer produced. As this is the only method of tuning the tuner to the fitted drop down monitor we cannot use the TV. We have Contacted Autotrail who do not have any remotes left also neither does the unit manufacturer - so we tried a universal remote that we can buy but this will not work!! So do any of you wonderful people have one you no longer use and can sell us or know of where we can get one? TIA

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I may have one if it's for the 12ELE2000 unit as I replaced mine and sure I didn't throw the old remote out, won't get up to the van until next weekend now, oh and by the way it will be FOC.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I may have one if it's for the 12ELE2000 unit as I replaced mine and sure I didn't throw the old remote out, won't get up to the van until next weekend now, oh and by the way it will be FOC.

By any chance do you have the sd card for the sat nav ?? Mine went corrupt and never been able to find a replacement.
Not even sure if they are inter changable.. Mine has not been to bad and have lived without the sat nav for a couple of years, just be nice if it worked in case i ever sell it..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Think the 2010 Frontiers had a different media centre than the 2013s. Single din and the tv built into the drop down monitor but op may be able to confirm.

By any chance do you have the sd card for the sat nav ?? Mine went corrupt and never been able to find a replacement.
Not even sure if they are inter changable.. Mine has not been to bad and have lived without the sat nav for a couple of years, just be nice if it worked in case i ever sell it..
Pretty sure they are "tied" to individual units as we sent ours off for repair but was replaced and the original sd card (we'd retained) didn't work. A replacement card was in the refurbed unit we got.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
To be honest I don't recall the SD card it may have ended down the tip with the unit, again I will have a shufty when up the van next weekend.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
I have a brand new remote for a 13ele if anyone is in need.

Mark G

Free Member
Feb 28, 2018
Funster No
Hello Stewart. Do you still have this please? Just bought a 2014 VLine, main remote missing, small remote broken/ not working! Can tune it via the dash but not exactly convenient.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Mark I still have the remote are you sure Vline model is the same please post a photo. I am presently in Spain till end of April.

Mark G

Free Member
Feb 28, 2018
Funster No
Hi Stewart - here's a photo. The unit is a 13ele2000 which I understand was fitted to a lot of autotrails around that time but has since been discontinued. Autotrail no longer have any spares and I've tried programming a universal remote without success.
15199098774051184964651.jpg
Thanks for your prompt reply. We are currently enjoying the deep snow in Keswick so Spain sounds appealing right now!

Mark

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi Mark thats the unit I do have a new unused remote will you contact me next month and I will update you when I will be home.

Mark G

Free Member
Feb 28, 2018
Funster No
Thanks Stewart - I've found a source here in the UK just this afternoon, so without wanting to put you under any pressure how much would you like for it please?
Mark

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That's the problem with factory specific inbuilt stuff.....once the manufactures stop production you're up sh!t creek.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Have you been able to check how good or bad the 13ELE2000 unit is?
Some (most?) of them were pretty woeful subsequently being replaced by an aftermarket unit.
Dane @Diabalo further up the thread and myself being a couple.
Might be worthwhile trying to check before spending anything on it.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Pretty sure they are "tied" to individual units as we sent ours off for repair but was replaced and the original sd card (we'd retained) didn't work. A replacement card was in the refurbed unit we got.[/QUOTE]
yes they are tied, i purchased a new one of larger capacity and then spent €100 updating the maps, and it didnt work - expensive lesson. unit consigned to bin and aftermarket unit installed

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Thanks Stewart - I've found a source here in the UK just this afternoon, so without wanting to put you under any pressure how much would you like for it please?
Mark
A tenner plus p&p the money will be donated to the RSPB, if you wish to donate it send me proof and remote is yours for p&p

Mark G

Free Member
Feb 28, 2018
Funster No
Thanks very much Stewart, greatly appreciated and that's fine with me. I'll be in touch at the beginning of next month if that's still ok with you.
To answer one of the queries raised above, our 13ele unit seems to be ok - don't know the history of the van before we bought it of course so for all I know it could have had earlier problems apart from the missing remote (and the present but non functional smaller silver one) it seems to be working.
Mark

MarkGraham

Free Member
Apr 8, 2018
Funster No
Hello Stewart, are you back in the UK yet please? I realise you probably might not want to put personal contact details on here so if you wouldn't mind please would you email me and we can arrange payment etc for your remote. My address is cfrgangrel@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks

Mark

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back