Autosleeper symbol bike rack and luggage (1 Viewer)

Tisme

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
England
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
I'm getting a smaller motorhome soon. My current bike rack and fammia luggage holder which is huge wont fit. Can anyone recommend which bike rack to get at the symbol has rear doors. I also need a luggage holder on the boot, which will only cover one door. Anyone have the symbol and can point me in the right direction.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If the new camper is on the Fiat X250/X290 (or Peugeot equivalents) then you need the Fiamma 200DJ, they do come up second hand on Ebay etc occasionally, just remove the bike rails and fit a small box on the rack.

The smallest Fiamma box I can find is this one which is 100cm across so is probably too wide for going over one door only thus allowing you to open the other:

https://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/fiamma-ultra-box-320-rear-storage-box.html

You might be better looking at some sort of flatbed storage box instead:

https://www.manomano.co.uk/tool-box...OG7OA3Z4BnfmT6y9-2aaZDPkvj-84i3RoCBsYQAvD_BwE

OP
OP
Tisme

Tisme

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
England
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Hi,
It's an old model 2004 so will it still fit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi,
Hmmm, not sure is the answer! However I believe someone did put one on an older camper - so long as you are able to put the 'clamps' round the side of the door there shouldn't be an issue - the earlier version of the rack hooked over the top of the door and caused a lot of problems with distorting them due to the stress on a very weak area unless the owners were careful not to put too much weight on them.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi,
I have a 2002 Symbol with a Fiamma Rack fitted high up on one door..Below the rack on both doors i have mounted chequer plate aluminium boxes that i had made to size..These are bolted to the doors through hardwood battens with large plates inside the doors..I have a rear step on mine so wooden blocks are screwed below the boxes so the weight is on the step and not the doors..Been using this system for 3 years now.. can still open rear doors. BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tisme

Tisme

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
England
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Thanks. Will that famia one be the only one suitable or is there a cheaper one out there that's suitable. It's smaller than my other motorhome so I'm needing extra space.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
The racks sometimes come-up second hand on Ebay etc so if you're not in a rush just keep looking on there, alternatively you could try to adapt a more common coachbuilt one to meet your needs by cutting it down so it's the right width, but you'd need to put permanent fixings on the door to mount it on which would need to be reinforced on the inside with spreader plates - wouldn't be difficult to do if you're handy at DIY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back