Free Member
Jun 25, 2011
Nth Yorks
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
2 days
Hi. Just bought my first motorhome a Roller Team Autoroller200. On getting it home and having a good poke around I was suprised to find that there doesn't seem to be much supporting the back of the body behind the rear axle, just a short couple of chassis extensions held on by self tappers. Doesn't seem much to me. Is this normal.
Also how do I get the spare wheel off. It appears that is has never been off in it's life as there is what seems to be the wheel trims wrapped up and wedged between the wheel and the van floor. The van doesn't have any trims fitted.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
no experience of the spare wheel but this type of chassis extension is quite normal on many motorhomes..most ot the weight is supported by the floor ....
and dont expect to have a towbar fitted without major structural strengthening :Doh:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You may find it is a polystyrene type case that fits into the wheel's inner apeture that holds the jack etc.

Don't forget the jack will be useless for the rear wheels! So buy a bottle jack, and a few blocks of wood......oh, and some hi-viz vests, torch, triangle and a small cheap tarp or two. Tarp will not only give you something to lay on, but when broken down, gives the family something to shelter from wind/rain/sun under when sat on an embankment or roadside for a few hours!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
i have the auto roller 700 and to get the spare down there is a hole at the side of my habitation door where you wind it down useing the tool found in the polystyrene box behind the drivers seat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back