Autogas in Mallorca

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by olley, Oct 22, 2009.

1. olley

olley Funster

Ratings:
    +8,833
    Anybody thinking of taking their van to Mallorca? if so I have added 4 Autogas stations to my map, curtsy of momo. ::bigsmile:

Olley

2. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Ratings:
    +6,681
    Hi Olley

i managed to download your LPG for Europe POI. But I cant seem to download the UK one......I keep getting a message saying "slow down and come back in 40 sec's" but have beem trying for a few days now with no luck:whatthe:

3. Douglas

Douglas

Ratings:
    +404
    Gas in Spain

I noticed on the map there is no indication of the LPG station in Malaga! My Tomtom says there is one there, which is correct?

Doug...

4. Ralph-Dot

Ralph-Dot Funster

Ratings:
    +91
    Bit off topic but I only saw two motorhomes on my recent visit to the island

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +34,334
    Hi Doug

I understand the one at Malaga has been closed,

Olley removed it from his map recently.

jim

6. Douglas

Douglas

Ratings:
    +404

S**t, I was counting on that one...

Doug...

7. olley

olley Funster

Ratings:
    +8,833
    Hi Doug, sorry, I had info a while back that their were two in Malaga, however Brian got a bit shirty when he couldn't find the one in town, and another poster said that their wasn't one at the petrol station outside town, so I removed them both.

I was sent another list of Spanish poi's yesterday, and it list's one in the town close to where mine was, but I can see nothing that looks like a Gas station on google maps, anywhere in the vicinity, so unless someone gives me a positive GPS, I ain't putting a flag back.

I also noticed, and momo confirmed that one of the gas companies is looking to open 13 new Autogas stations shortly, so maybe in a few years things will be a lot better.

Hi judge will check it out.

Olley

8. olley

olley Funster

Ratings:
    +8,833
    Hi Doug a site I haven't seen before has appeared on the repsol site for Malaga, GPS: 36.69028,-4.483045 You can clearly its a fuel station in google.maps sat view, but whether it sells LPG??

If your down that way could you have a look and confirm one way or the other please. Its on my map for the time being as a possible.

Olley

9. lebesset

lebesset

Ratings:
    +1
    well , I couldn't find one , went to the police , tourist office , asked a couple of taxi drivers

no one knew of one since the gas factory shut

was a year ago though

10. olley

olley Funster

Ratings:
    +8,833
    Hi Lebesset just had another look at the map and it isn't from Repsol, although it uses their map, its from spainautogas. SPAINAUTOGAS - ¿Necesita repostar? which as far as I can make out is a consortium of autogas companies including Repsol.

Olley

11. Douglas

Douglas

Ratings:
    +404
    Hi Olley, many thanks for the info. I too have looked at the sat view and see no tank but thats probabley due to an old sat foto.

I will certainly check it out and confirm if true, my gas is good for about 6 weeks so I probably won't check until then as we are in a very slow traval mode, stopping at every wild spot we see. At the moment we are in La Linea, (Gib)

I think the lat-long may be incorrect as it does not corrospond with the sat view, so when I get there I will check it with Tomtom's possition.
    Doug...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  12. olley

olley Funster

Ratings:
    +8,833
  13. Douglas

Douglas

Ratings:
    +404
  14. olley

olley Funster

Ratings:
    +8,833
    Hi doug I have emailed momo to see if she can confirm that's what it means, seems a bit to good to be true as I have found another 3 stations. Burgos, Salamanca and Zaragosa.

Olley

15. olley

olley Funster

Ratings:
    +8,833
    Momo just emailed to confirm that's what it means ::bigsmile: found one near you at San Rogue, on the N-351

Olley

16. olley

olley Funster

Ratings:
    +8,833
    Hi just had it confirmed by a poster who's just been there that San Rouge doesn't sell autogas, but another has confirmed that the Malaga site does, its also in the middle of a red light area with some interesting sights night and day. ::bigsmile:

Olley