Autocruise Oakmont V Autotrail Delaware advice please. (1 Viewer)

Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
We are thinking of buying one of the above MH's and were wondering if anyone has had one and their thoughts either good or bad anything to look out for or any views they range between 2009 and 2014 on a Fiat with manual and automatic gearboxes all comments welcomed.

Also any feed back on the following dealers,

Oaktree Nottingham and Spinney Cheshire who are the sellers.

Thanks

Richard

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Richard,

Is it the Autotrail with the MY14 spec and the comformatic box. Do you know the engine sizes for both.

I've not owned either but this may help the forum answer your question more accurately.

All the best,

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
We have had 2 Autotrail Tracker EKS's.
The first one had had a VERY hard life with the original owner, so we part Exchanged it for a new one in 2014. It is a 2 Berth, 2.3, 130, with manual 6 speed G/box. We had a 100watt solar panel and an extra Hab battery put on in manufacture and a Fiaama bike rack and ladder put on by the dealer.
We had to have 2 new side windows, but they were renewed under warranty, but it has driven like a dream for 20,000 plus miles.
The massive bed takes 3 minutes to make up and we LOVE it and have been to Greece, Spain, Denmark, France, Croatia, Portugal and Germany. It has never missed a beat ! ! !
So my vote obviously goes for the Autotrail.
Good luck whatever you choose.
Mitch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shandyman
Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Richard,

Is it the Autotrail with the MY14 spec and the comformatic box. Do you know the engine sizes for both.

I've not owned either but this may help the forum answer your question more accurately.

All the best,

Hi Blue Knight

Autotrail MY2014 2.3 Manual and Auto as far as I know.

Autocruise 2009 / 2011 3ltr Manual and Auto.

Richard

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Although slightly different layout but similar in other ways, we owned a 2010 Autocruise Augusta 3.0l manual on Peugeot base for over 6 years and loved it. No major problems and would still have it if I had known I would pass the medical at 70.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Blue Knight

Autotrail MY2014 2.3 Manual and Auto as far as I know.

Autocruise 2009 / 2011 3ltr Manual and Auto.

Richard

Do you have any experience of the comformatic gearbox. I drove one for the first time the other day and it didn't quite meet my expectations so I won't be purchasing one anytime soon. That's just my opinion but there are many others out there that swear by them hence the reason why I'm going to call it the marmite box:D

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I admit to being very biased. After all the problems with the house side of our 2009 Autotrail I would not go near that make again. Other than the well know problem with fuel filters the FIAT side was good and our current MH is on a FIAT base. I have no knowledge of the Autocruise.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
If you decide on an Autocruise beware. Problems are coming to light of severe damp and water ingress on original vehicles. We've had 3 Autocruise motorhomes and loved them. All were from the original manufacturer not the other lot who took them over. Whatever you choose good luck.

OP
OP
Shandyman
Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
If you decide on an Autocruise beware. Problems are coming to light of severe damp and water ingress on original vehicles. We've had 3 Autocruise motorhomes and loved them. All were from the original manufacturer not the other lot who took them over. Whatever you choose good luck.

Thanks for that information I will do a little more research into both models.

Richard

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
We've had the Autocruise from new 08 plate. No real problems so far 84,000 miles.

We've had:
New wiper blades
Two new leisure batteries
New water pump
One new wheel bearing (FL)
New front discs
New Pads all round
5 sets of front tyres 3 sets of rears

No damp or rust.
Putting 24ltr LPG tank on next week (Autogas 2000 Thursk)

Gerry

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Any autocruise before 2005 is great ,unfortunately after that date they went downhill after being taken over by that caravan company..

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Any autocruise before 2005 is great ,unfortunately after that date they went downhill after being taken over by that caravan company..

That's an interesting point you make regarding the dates as that's about the same time when the Autotrail brand started going downhill too. I've seen countless numbers of older AT vans and the build quality and craftsmanship inside is way-way better than the modern 'fitted out by IKEA' vans with their luxury options list as supplied by Poundland.

I certainly wouldn't buy an Autotrail again.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We had an AutoTrail Delaware before our current van.
We bought it new in 2012 and ran it for 3 years.
Had a few faults that were sorted under warranty -
Habitation door central locking was very intermittent - never really sorted.
Fresh and waste tank level indicators were erratic.
The original media unit was rubbish but replaced with an updated version that was then very good.
In the general scheme of things all minor faults.
The Fiat side was excellent until the airbag control module failed just outside of the Fiat warranty and we paid for a replacement. Our dealers, Simpsons of Great Yarmouth, got us a partial refund from Fiat though.
All in all it was a good van and we enjoyed many trips and covered a lot of miles in her. The central bed was comfortable and the standard vehicle is very well equipped.

Richard.

John Stanton

Free Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chipping Campden
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 (Heap of crap)
Exp
10 years
We had an AutoTrail Delaware before our current van.
We bought it new in 2012 and ran it for 3 years.
Had a few faults that were sorted under warranty -
Habitation door central locking was very intermittent - never really sorted.
Fresh and waste tank level indicators were erratic.
The original media unit was rubbish but replaced with an updated version that was then very good.
In the general scheme of things all minor faults.
The Fiat side was excellent until the airbag control module failed just outside of the Fiat warranty and we paid for a replacement. Our dealers, Simpsons of Great Yarmouth, got us a partial refund from Fiat though.
All in all it was a good van and we enjoyed many trips and covered a lot of miles in her. The central bed was comfortable and the standard vehicle is very well equipped.

Richard.

We had the same Auto Trail for 7 years and had a similar pleasant experience - and you can't beat an island bed :).

She sailed through every habitation check and the Fiat side was also trouble free. We also had the issue with the annoying tank indicators, and the awning occasionally "stuck" which was down to Fiamma, but both issues were resolved very quickly by Brownhills, so not bad for 7 years and 51,000 miles.

Good luck with what you choose.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
I understand it was 2007 the takeover by Swift.

https://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/about/our-heritage/2000s

EDITED to add the link above.

Dave

Yup, mine was the last one built by Autocruise, I bought it April 2008 on the Swifts stand at the NEC. Only after I'd had it delivered did I discover it was bankrupt stock tarted up to look like a 08 (which is what the plate is). It was built in Sept 2007, they took over in November.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back