Are we the only ones not away (2 Viewers)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We are at home.
Pauline had a fall, broke her wrist in three places, one of the breaks is right through and raggy.
I have the pleasure of being "kitchen bitch" (according to my kids) for a while.
At least a month before she can put the bins out.
Ooh. Hope she's healed soon

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We are at home, we try not to go away during school holidays as all the parents work and one sometimes works away.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
As we are still doing renovations and decorating our bungalow we are not going anywhere this Easter.
Any one else stuck at home???
Yes:cry: for the next 9 sleeps;)

We're away, but then we've been away for the last seven months. On our way home now, Easter just happens to have fallen in the middle of our slow journey home. Other motorhomers keep asking us if we're doing the NC500 and we keep saying no, it just happens to be the road home.
Can I ask what your van is please? The top looks v similar to a friends chevvy roadtrek.

Hope the wrist mends quickly

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Can I ask what your van is please? The top looks v similar to a friends chevvy roadtrek.
Yes, it's a Roadtrek 210 Versatile. Not many of them in the UK, as far as we can tell.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Yes, it's a Roadtrek 210 Versatile. Not many of them in the UK, as far as we can tell.
Same as my friends:) beautiful van. I've been trying to persuade them to join fun. They've just come home after being in spain since October. Those vans turn heads don't they:LOL:
Where are you off to then Debs???
THS in Cornwall:)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We're always away.in France at the moment at a packed aire. people still trying to get a space at 10.15 at night. No chance. is France always this busy?

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Same as my friends:) beautiful van. I've been trying to persuade them to join fun. They've just come home after being in spain since October.
That's interesting, as the previous owners of ours apparently used it for going to Spain regularly. Do they definitely still have it - perhaps it's the same one? We haven't had it long.

Those vans turn heads don't they:LOL:
Certainly do, and start many conversations!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
That's interesting, as the previous owners of ours apparently used it for going to Spain regularly. Do they definitely still have it - perhaps it's the same one? We haven't had it long.

Certainly do, and start many conversations!
Oh yes, I can see it from my front door:LOL: and it's white - yours looks silver?
They've had it about a year:)

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Oh yes, I can see it from my front door:LOL: and it's white - yours looks silver?
They've had it about a year:)
Yes, ours is silver. You should get them to join, we could start a Roadtrek owners group!

Rapido924f

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
At home for family weekend with a table of 10 on Sunday but getting ready for a couple of days in the Wirral visiting friends we first met in a restaurant in Montreuil sur Mer a couple of years ago. Then off to France and Spain with a week or two in Valencia. After retiring we decided to spend more time touring Europe and are away May, July and September- partner gets edgy away from family more than a month at a time. Seems to work well with shorter trips in UK especially Scotland during Autumn and Spring

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
We are away for Easter and will be visiting a French village church for the Easter morning service - hopefully in English or most of it will pass us by.

Enjoy whatever you do this weekend.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Were supposed to be going to Culzean, but the lurgy has put paid to that. I managed all winter to avoid any public transport nasties apart from this one :(

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Yep always stay home on bank holidays, we tend to go away to be away from other people not meet more :D2

elfish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
london
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Yep. At home. Flatmate visiting her mum in Wales. I'm off again Monday night. :)

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Last day today of my 6-day week, finish at 4 and then off for my weekend away. Come back very early on Wed to start the next working week.

Oct 13, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 494 (on order)
Exp
MH newbie, long time camp and caravan
Still sat in an armchair on my drive with a couple of beds behind me whilst I make engine noises.
Needless to say they STILL haven't made our Motorhome yet (originally supposed to have got it end of March), hey ho saving a fortune on fuel I suppose :(
With you on this one, we ordered at the show last October, was told April/May but now they say June, hopefully won't be delayed any further

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
We're at home because we cannot get the motorhome past the scaffolding around the new Cartlodge.

Eldest son said he'd like to bring his new lady friend to Suffolk to meet us - didn't happen, she's going on holiday just after Easter.

Same son then volunteered to help Derek build a shed for the lawnmower - great - get it finished over the holiday. Didn't happen, seems he forgot he'd offered:eek:

Then plans changed again - coming Good Friday - there and back to Sussex in one day!!!! We did have a lovely day and crammed a lot into it.

So for us it could be any old weekend - the only difference - I refuse to do any washing or ironing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back