Are we the only ones not away (1 Viewer)

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Yep but by choice.
Now we're retired we can go anytime some we usually leave the bank holidays alone.:)
Away next Tuesday down to Southdown in Portsmouth to have an outside barbecue point changed.Apparently Truma have recalled a batch as there's a possibility of a leak and I've had one changed last September and it's the new one thats bloody faulty !!!:mad:
Anyway then off to Rookesbury Park CC site at Fareham nr Southampton for a couple of days.

John (y)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
We are at home.
Pauline had a fall, broke her wrist in three places, one of the breaks is right through and raggy.
I have the pleasure of being "kitchen bitch" (according to my kids) for a while.
At least a month before she can put the bins out.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Ouch, I know that hurts. Do pass on our best wishes and tell her to make the most of it. It's not the kitchen and bins that are the problem but more personal tasks in my experience!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Ouch, I know that hurts. Do pass on our best wishes and tell her to make the most of it. It's not the kitchen and bins that are the problem but more personal tasks in my experience!

Thanks and......Yep!

Especially when it's the right wrist (she's right handed)

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Still sat in an armchair on my drive with a couple of beds behind me whilst I make engine noises.
Needless to say they STILL haven't made our Motorhome yet (originally supposed to have got it end of March), hey ho saving a fortune on fuel I suppose :(

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
We are at home.
Pauline had a fall, broke her wrist in three places, one of the breaks is right through and raggy.
I have the pleasure of being "kitchen bitch" (according to my kids) for a while.

Oh my goodness....heal fast Pauline.....and in the meantime enjoy being pampered!

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We were supposed to be a modbury for Easter but we had to cancel over licence issues, so we went to Shropshire via Swindon yesterday back home today via Axminster. Tomorrow I will take Easter pressies to Dad, Beth and baby Eva then home for a roast for two. Really looking forward to doing nothing on Monday.

Best wishes to Pauline.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
We are at home. Grandson is home from uni and I like to spoil him prior to him returning to a poor impoverished student life. Plus spring cleaning home and MH ready for the big trip. Plus making sure MIL is happy....and so on.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
As we are still doing renovations and decorating our bungalow we are not going anywhere this Easter.
Any one else stuck at home???
I'm escaping on Monday while my builders finish off doing outside UPVC work (fascias, gutters etc) then early next month I'm escaping again while another team widen my driveway, only returning to inspect and pay them.

The next phase is internal and unfortunately I need to be at home for the installation of a log burning stove and chimney breast, as well as the removal of an internal structural wall, but I don't have confirmed start dates yet.
I would like to time it, so that I can be home to decorate and lay a wood floor, during the summer school holidays, after which I will escape again.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We just drove back from Cumbria to sunny Norfolk today, traffic not bad for a B/H weekend, staying in the rest of the weekend to get new (to us ) Motorhome ready for shakedown trip of 3 days at Gt Yarmouth racecourse.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I working 12 hour day shift both Saturday and Sunday so nowhere for me, hopwing to head away next weekend don't know where will wait until Friday to check weather. We're thinking of the lakes or just somewhere in Dumfries and Galloway.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
@johnp10 hope the good lady mends soon and the pain is gone.
Good time for you to practice your culinary skills , she could have trouble taking back the kitchen when ready :whistle:

We are not away, house on market, tyre kicker time :rolleyes:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I working 12 hour day shift both Saturday and Sunday so nowhere for me, hopwing to head away next weekend don't know where will wait until Friday to check weather. We're thinking of the lakes or just somewhere in Dumfries and Galloway.

The weather was wet, cold and windy in Cumbria where we are just back from, foreecast not too clever either.

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
We are at home.
Hope you mend soon Pauline.......make sure he looks after you well:)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We just drove back from Cumbria to sunny Norfolk today, traffic not bad for a B/H weekend, staying in the rest of the weekend to get new (to us ) Motorhome ready for shakedown trip of 3 days at Gt Yarmouth racecourse.
Bootiful. We stayed put, although yesterday waved to lots of furriners in vans on their way to Cromer.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The weather was wet, cold and windy in Cumbria where we are just back from, foreecast not too clever either.
It's been quite nice here in Dumfries today apart from this morning, I was up at 4:30 and thought what a nice morning I'll just cycle to work. Just sat on my bike and a few drops of rain 100 yards later it starts chucking it down, got off my bike at work and within 10 seconds rain stopped.:):)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
It's been quite nice here in Dumfries today apart from this morning, I was up at 4:30 and thought what a nice morning I'll just cycle to work. Just sat on my bike and a few drops of rain 100 yards later it starts chucking it down, got off my bike at work and within 10 seconds rain stopped.:):)
Sorry to laugh @lorger.....

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We're away, but then we've been away for the last seven months. On our way home now, Easter just happens to have fallen in the middle of our slow journey home. Other motorhomers keep asking us if we're doing the NC500 and we keep saying no, it just happens to be the road home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back