Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Just re read your post, if its the reversing bleeper your after go down to wheelsbrook at holmfirth or Woodautos on colne road and buy a 12volt bleeper... can't see it costing more than £20, very easy to wire up to one of the reversing lights
that sounds very sensible. have read about can bus wiring ( whatever that is, anything technical and I go brain dead) and believe it makes fitting reverse sensors a skilled persons job, cos it can bugger up the wiring if done wrong? and that is why it would cost £299 to the broken ones replaced.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Could I suggest BEFORE you give them any more cash
Get a independent engineer to full check over van including a damp check
Could some one recommend a engineer close by
Really good idea that's what I would do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Hi Sue, i had a leaflet/card pushed through my letterbox last week from a mobile caravan/MH service engineer.
they were local to us. As usual i thought i'll save that!!! but can't find it now.
I might have put it in the Mh. if i find i'll let you know. also i'm sure there's someone advertising in the MMM mag. i've just had a quick look in the caravan club mag & there's one in there for yorkshire but it's a national no.

Reactions: Sue

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
just found this on yell,, AAautovan at holmfirth 01484 683636 i think these were the ones who posted the leaflet.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
and BEFORE you engage an engineer check the web to see if there are any reviews about them, then decide

Reactions: Sue

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
is this world full of crooks?

No - there are lots of nice, trusting people.

But alas the actions of a few do sometimes reach out to a lot of people.

Always do your due diligence via forums like this or the web and hopefully you will never meet the "few".

Remember the dealer you are buying from almost certainly sell a lot of vans that people don't complain about. (y)

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
is this world full of crooks?

Of course not There are many many trustworthy trades people who will go that extra mile to help (I know I've met some) oft quoted is the lovingly referred to 'Eddie No Bits' AND there are also many MH owners who will, as they do here, always try to help.

Don't be dismayed MH'ing is a very enjoyable past time. We use ours every week for BH's consultancy work. This takes us 1st to Hungerford followed by Bristol then home to West Dorset.

When you have your van you'll wonder why you didn't do it before now

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
The answer to this is simple, "We`ll come and pick the motorhome up when everything is working"

Though I wouldn`t be too impressed with a company that is selling a motorhome with a part that doesn`t work and ask you to pay for it, not the best sales pitch.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Thanks everyone...
Just heard from Glossop, they have apologised and said that they will fix the sensors!
Good news!

As suggested still have the van checked by someone other than them and if anymore faults are discovered they can fix them too

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
The answer to this is simple, "We`ll come and pick the motorhome up when everything is working"

Though I wouldn`t be too impressed with a company that is selling a motorhome with a part that doesn`t work and ask you to pay for it, not the best sales pitch.
agree

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
As suggested still have the van checked by someone other than them and if anymore faults are discovered they can fix them too
definitely will...this really made me think, and realise how it can be easy to loose a lot of money

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
when you pick up the van and check it over make sure you have all the service history documents and ask them for a copy of their damp check report
I say this from my previous experience with them

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Also if its been MOT'd at an time and if more than once get them to give you ALL of the certificates as they can tell a story

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
If they fudge the issue of a damp report, get them to use a meter in the van whilst you watch. We recently sold our van to a dealer, the first thing he did was use a damp meter all over it.

It would appear dealers are very quick to get the damp meter out when they are buying but suddenly damp is "not an issue" when they are selling!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back