Anyone use Michelin Agilis Camping 225/75/R16 Load rating 116? (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Wait and see, I will update you when I know about the alloys weight limit. I don't need the van until next July, the dealer said I can leave it in his yard as long as I want and it will be registered and warranty starts the day I go to collect it, saves me cleaning it over the winter :D2 But seriously was going to get it in a month or so but thinking I may get it in Jan as we have a lot of trees and can't be arsed keeping the leaves off the roof, I say Jan as I would register in 2020 not that it would make any difference. Just hope they don't run off with my money:oops:
Unless you are paying for it on the day of collection it's not worth the risk too many dealers gone bust taking clients who have paid up front money with them.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Unless you are paying for it on the day of collection it's not worth the risk too many dealers gone bust taking clients who have paid up front money with them.
I would have thought that paying for it in full in 2019,receipted against chassis number would be evidence of ownership. The only thing not done is registration with the DVLA and that can be done by anyone. In the scenario outlined would it be a case that the fully paid owned vehicle is in storage at the dealers and if they went bust it is not an asset owned by them. Just my thoughts

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
I would have thought that paying for it in full in 2019,receipted against chassis number would be evidence of ownership. The only thing not done is registration with the DVLA and that can be done by anyone. In the scenario outlined would it be a case that the fully paid owned vehicle is in storage at the dealers and if they went bust it is not an asset owned by them. Just my thoughts
The dealer is pretty new in South London, in fact I think I am one of his first customers, it was his suggestion that I waited until registering it in Jan to save me having it at home, it suits him as well as he said he is locking up his business as he will be retuning to Nigeria for 3 months returning in Jan, I spoke by phone and he seemed switched on and paid a deposit, I then thought it would be nice to see the van, due to the size he arranged to meet me at a service station on the M25 as it was easier to get to, he had a similar vehicle to mine but he said mine will be new still wrapped, he is sending me a picture of it at the factory. From what you say it should be OK for me to pay the rest in full on Monday and just ask for the chassis number, he said I can choose from a few plates he has but always thought that was just for registration numbers, why choose a plate?

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
The dealer is pretty new in South London, in fact I think I am one of his first customers, it was his suggestion that I waited until registering it in Jan to save me having it at home, it suits him as well as he said he is locking up his business as he will be retuning to Nigeria for 3 months returning in Jan, I spoke by phone and he seemed switched on and paid a deposit, I then thought it would be nice to see the van, due to the size he arranged to meet me at a service station on the M25 as it was easier to get to, he had a similar vehicle to mine but he said mine will be new still wrapped, he is sending me a picture of it at the factory. From what you say it should be OK for me to pay the rest in full on Monday and just ask for the chassis number, he said I can choose from a few plates he has but always thought that was just for registration numbers, why choose a plate?
Oh you are well covered then....what can go wrong

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
IIRC there is a time requirement on registering a vehicle once ownership has occurred .

For extra security get his brother to transfer ten times the amount into your bank a/c in Nigerian Shillings .

596A

Free Member
Oct 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Just drop me a line when you decide. Not desperate for tyres, its my intention to replace front two ready for MOT in June.
Tyres are ready when you are, I pick up the van on Wed next week, 121 upgraded tyres have been fitted and 116 rated removed, never driven on, I am waiting for Jim to reset my password on 596 for name so you can Pm me there or here but hopefully he is linking accounts, will see him at the show tomorrow and get it sorted (y)

Jim Burton

Free Member
May 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Auto trail Chieftain
I haven't spoken to the dealer yet, but worth asking, just thought to might help someone out, I could meet up Portsmouth Area, Sevenoaks Kent Area, or anywhere from say Grantham down the A1 to M25 then around to Sevenoaks. More bother for me but trying to help, fitting is normally £10 a corner (y)
I would be interested Im in Sevenoaks I need 6 for my chieftain Jim

Aug 20, 2022
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
autotrail dakota
Exp
Motorhome last 3 years and camping most of life
We have just upgraded our Carthago to 4800 and had to upgrade wheels and tyres. We already had full air. Michelin do not do a 121 rated Agilis or so they told me. We have changed to Continental Van Contact 4 Seasons, just done our first 700 mile trip on them and they seem fine. Less leaning on roundabouts, maybe a bit noisier than Agilis but it’s difficult to tell, as all roads are rubbish nowadays.
I’m just having fitted now 4 new agilis 3 van tyres with 120/121 weight ratio on a 4250 autotrail and they said these are van tyres and a better weight ratio which will be fine on a camper van.

MobyDick57

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 21, 2019
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Morelo Loft 78F
Exp
Started 2012, 1st Burstner Ixeo it720, 2nd Carthago C-Tourer i150:)
B730EC03-BE46-4A86-B5A0-C078072743FC.jpeg

These are the recommendations from Michelin via the Carthago manual:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back