Anyone tried these window lever locks (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
Looking to add some security to the window locks. Found these on eBay. Anyone tried them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26539121...d=link&campid=5339023013&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

s-l1600.jpg

Feb 9, 2011
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2002
I've got the previous right angle (not swooping curves) version. They are "okay". Nowhere near as secure as the metal Lock M Outs, but 100% better than having nothing.

OP
OP
FrankNicklin
Sep 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
I've got the previous right angle (not swooping curves) version. They are "okay". Nowhere near as secure as the metal Lock M Outs, but 100% better than having nothing.
Had a look at the lock M Outs, thought expensive. I know these are plastic but would still require considerable effort to overcome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2011
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2002
They are 3D printed (or mine are). Only as good as the printer and plastic used to make them. Yes Lock M Outs are very expensive. I picked mine up 2nd hand. There is a frighteningly simple way to defeat these locks that would take 5-10 secs per lock. I won't post it here.

Feb 9, 2011
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2002

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
They are 3D printed (or mine are). Only as good as the printer and plastic used to make them. Yes Lock M Outs are very expensive. I picked mine up 2nd hand. There is a frighteningly simple way to defeat these locks that would take 5-10 secs per lock. I won't post it here.
So they are maybe a useful deterrent to an opportunistic scrote,but useless at keeping out a determined “proper” thief.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Good idea to use either the Lock M Outs &/or the Steelmans 3D printed plastic ones (y) We have both & prefer the plastic ones as a snugger fit on the handles of the caravan style windows on the rear doors as the Lock M Outs slipped off during travel/door use & we almost lost one. Lock M Outs being steel do appear to be stronger & fit well on our other windows (different type to rear ones) so haven't replaced those.
Do acknowledge that all security methods are just a deterrent & most can be overcome with time & tools.

OP
OP
FrankNicklin
Sep 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
I've seen online how easy these lever locks are to open from outside hence my wanting to improve the security. It amazes me these are still installed on MH today given increased security concerns.

Do you put these on more than one lock on the same window or just one, I suppose the more the better. I have 3 locks on the bottom and 2 locks on the side of both my MH windows.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I've seen online how easy these lever locks are to open from outside hence my wanting to improve the security. It amazes me these are still installed on MH today given increased security concerns.

Do you put these on more than one lock on the same window or just one, I suppose the more the better. I have 3 locks on the bottom and 2 locks on the side of both my MH windows.
We have them on all suitable handles but bear in mind escape in the case of fire so make sure removal is swift too.

OP
OP
FrankNicklin
Sep 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
For sure, thats why I like the plastic one to be honest, could be snapped off in an emergency. Not sure if to go for black so less conspicuous or the orange showing they are there in place.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
We've got Lock M Outs. Pretty expensive for a bit of folded metal. Particularly as we had to bend every single one to make it contact the window frame. Given the catch is all plastic anyway, I suspect 3d printed ones would be just as effective (as long as they aren't PLA, which could just go floppy in the summer heat).

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We've got Lock M Outs. Pretty expensive for a bit of folded metal. Particularly as we had to bend every single one to make it contact the window frame. Given the catch is all plastic anyway, I suspect 3d printed ones would be just as effective (as long as they aren't PLA, which could just go floppy in the summer heat).
There are lots of 3D plastic ones available online but opted for Steelman's https://www.steelmans3d.com/index.html as they are a long established commercial business so hopefully know their materials & our two were fine in the heat this year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back