Anyone seen my 650kg?

Discussion in 'Eura Mobil' started by EssexBoy, Apr 14, 2018 at 9:59 PM.

1. Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill Funster

Ratings:
    +2,665
    I agree they might be more realistic than others but clearly still offering for sale a van with a total inadequate payload.
    My point was there all doing it, including Hymer.
    Your own response on the issue. (y)

2. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Ratings:
    +6,967
    There you go then. My guess work from Spain was pretty accurate. I have never suggested in this post that Hymer do not sell models with low payloads. The OPs figures show that he should have a good payload if the makers figure was to be believed. My point, which was made to help answer his question, was that the maker's figure may not be accurate.

Makers get away with low payloads because buyers allow them to. If people stopped buying models with low payloads or rejected them if the payloads had been wrong, rather than ignoring the problem, then the problem would disappear. But that comment cannot possibly apply to the OP who thought he had bought a moho with a good payload when that is probably not the case.

• Like it Like it x 2
  3. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Ratings:
    +17,456
    I'm not in love with Hymers as you put just happens to be the vans that I have most knowledge off and happen do own them as the layouts suit us.
    What I can state is that Hymers are truer to listed weights than any other manufacture.
    Friends with Carthago's ( which I really like by the way) have had vans that have been 130kg over.
    As Peter say although they offer the larger vans on. 3500kg chassis I yet to see a UK or German dealer stock one. Surely at the end of the day it is up to the buyer to decide but if you have crap dealers that don't advise the customer it's not Hymers fault.

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill Funster

Ratings:
    +2,665
    Agreed on a lot you of what you said and the same with Peter, however I do think all manufacturers/dealers do have some responsibility to ensure customers don’t purchase vans that are not fit for purpose.
    Am lucky I have this forum for advice, however I think there are plenty of unfortunate people who have been sold a van unaware they are driving illegally, that can’t be right on any level.

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Love it Love it x 1
  5. EssexBoy

EssexBoy Funster

Ratings:
    +339
    Just a quick update...

I just went through my docs for the van and whilst I didn't find the official MIRO for the van, I did find a Euramobil doc with the ex-factory weights on it showing that the van was 3600kg when it left them. This number says it was just the van as it stood ie. no driver, fuel or water etc

So, as the weighbridge says we were 4750kg, that suggests we have 1150kg in accessories + water/fuel + our stuff from our old van + the same passengers, which sounds a lot to me.... Or am I just in denial? :):)

6. SandraL

SandraL Funster

Ratings:
    +357

Just like us, van quoted at 3300kg, we travel at 4500 all up.
    Rear air, higher rated tyres and an uprate from 4250 to 4750 done.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Blue Knight

Blue Knight Funster

Ratings:
    +1,124
    I saw an older couple yesterday sign-up for a new van at a dealer and they probably didn't know that its realtime payload was circa 100kg max.

The dealer was pleased with his sale.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018 at 8:07 PM
    • Like it Like it x 1
  8. Pausim

Pausim Funster

Ratings:
    +791
    I can’t help thinking this is a theoretical weight based on the base specification and not one taken from your vehicle on a weighbridge. I found a 2003 Gocaravanning review for an Euromobil Integra 810 HB-L, is this the same as yours? This gives an unladen weight of 3650kg and shows the mh with a single axle not a tag. If it is the same outfit then adding a tag axle and possibly some other extras is likely to have pushed the unladen weight up considerably, perhaps by your missing 650kg. Just my thinking, not an authoritive opinion.

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill Funster

Ratings:
    +2,665
    That’s why I think it’s important the manufactures don’t offer vans in the 3500kg category when there clearly not fit for purpose.
    That poor couple could have worked all there life and sunk there retirement money into that van to go travelling and enjoying life, unfortunately there is a good chance they will be driving illegally and possibly without insurance if there overweight and totally unaware of there mistake.

• Like it Like it x 1
  10. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +25,544
    Apart from anything else the Euro Mobile is 1.13m longer and has an extra axle so obviously there's no way on earth it can be as light as it at first 'appeared' so that was very misleading. The axle alone will probably gobble up the vast majority of the extra payload, then the awning is going to be a longer version so that will also add weight.

Its gonna be a case of jettison some goodies, not carry as much fresh water, or uprate I'm afraid.

• Like it Like it x 1
  11. rickwiggans

rickwiggans Funster

Ratings:
    +96
    We had the same issue arrived at in the same way as the OP. Had a Swift and knew precisely the weight of all the kit, then bought a Chausson which, with the same kit in it, should have been fine for payload, but of course, when we weighed it it was overweight. We stripped it back to as near ex-factory as we could, and it was over the specified weight by 150kg. Which, interestingly, was still just about within the 5% tolerance that most manufacturers quote in their specs. Easily uprated, but a pain in the proverbial!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. EssexBoy

EssexBoy Funster

Ratings:
    +339
    I've just bitten the bullet and sent off to SV Tech to see what they say I can uprate to...

I'm hoping that it's gonna be at least 5000kg, and even then I'm considering taking the towbar off - I bet that's heavy, it looks it...

13. Pausim

Pausim Funster

Ratings:
    +791
    My towbar assembly is 50kg (different mh) which is, I think, fairly typical.

14. EssexBoy

EssexBoy Funster

Ratings:
    +339
    That's good.. it's at least half way weight-wise to getting a scooter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: