Anyone know of a model rear twins over a garage with an overcab? (1 Viewer)

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
A fixed one, not a drop down. I can't find one. The closest I've found is rear bunks, which is a compromise on both the bed and the garage.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Euramobil EB models will have twin singles at the rear, over a pretty decent sized garage.
770eb and 820eb spring to mind.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Upvote 0

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
older savannahs had low set rear beds, certainly not providing the bike garage the OP has with her current Carthago...
in the brochure there is a HB (high bed) version of the Delaware (with island bed) but oddly no high set version of the single bedded, S, model....
i thought the Swift Kontiki 625 had raised singles and a garage and was available with an overcab bed....Swift web site to flashy yet lacking in detail re garage size.
the OP change is in the front bed requirement as the drop down isnt working well for them (long theads on the particular issues) so an overcab is sought....but mot at the expense of the rear garage??

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Overcabs are down to only 4% of the MH market. The OP is looking for a rare layout that is very different from the mainstream market demand which is for pull-down beds above cabs. When resale or trade-in time comes it will not be easy to shift and the retained value might be a shock.

Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
You don't say what the budget is?
Adria Izola
I just found a great motorhome on Auto Trader.
Broken Link Removed

DP

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
A fixed one, not a drop down. I can't find one. The closest I've found is rear bunks, which is a compromise on both the bed and the garage.
Why no drop down? You will be spoilt for choice if you wanted a drop down over the cab.

The rear twin singles with front double drop down is by the far the most popular layout in European A class models. Loads about and load for sale. Most of the drop downs are manual not electric to not much to go wrong. And it is very easy to pull down or push up. The advantage of an A class is that the bed pivots towards the front as you drop it and is sits over the large gap between the front seats and the screen. That leaves some of the sitting area for use even with the bed down. And you can keep the bed made up, so very quick to go to bed.

You will only find a fixed bed at the front with C class motorhomes with a large bulbous overcab protrusion. That often takes them over 3m high so more costly tolls, as well as offering more wind resistance and less mpg. And, in my opinion, they look ugly, but I know not all will agree with that.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Why no drop down? You will be spoilt for choice if you wanted a drop down over the cab.

The rear twin singles with front double drop down is by the far the most popular layout in European A class models. Loads about and load for sale. Most of the drop downs are manual not electric to not much to go wrong. And it is very easy to pull down or push up. The advantage of an A class is that the bed pivots towards the front as you drop it and is sits over the large gap between the front seats and the screen. That leaves some of the sitting area for use even with the bed down. And you can keep the bed made up, so very quick to go to bed.

You will only find a fixed bed at the front with C class motorhomes with a large bulbous overcab protrusion. That often takes them over 3m high so more costly tolls, as well as offering more wind resistance and less mpg. And, in my opinion, they look ugly, but I know not all will agree with that.

I agree completely. I do not like them at all, but I think they are the best layout for us. I need a space for my ten year old, but she often ends up in with me, so I need a decent double as well, and I prefer twin singles for storage and access. Last year she had the rear transverse and I had the drop down, but I hated it. And the only way to get two separate fixed bed spaces is an overcab.

I may end up sticking with the rear transverse for this summer, but I think we need something different longer term, so I'm seeing what's out there. I love the Carthago, and would be happy with a twin bed 143, myself, so she might not get her overcab den.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
You don't say what the budget is?
Adria Izola
I just found a great motorhome on Auto Trader.
Broken Link Removed

DP

About 50K. You get first prize for hitting the brief, though! I will have a look at that, once we are allowed into Scotland.

Upvote 0

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
try this....Adria Coral XL Access 670 SL

Upvote 0

Interceptor

Free Member
Feb 25, 2020
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Seal 5
Exp
02-02-20
I have a Rimor seal 5
King size over the cab and a double over the garage both 2.2 metres long.
The seating area ia a a 3/4 or if you like the kripton factor challenge with cushions it's a double as well.
I have some pics if you would like them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I have a Rimor seal 5
King size over the cab and a double over the garage both 2.2 metres long.
The seating area ia a a 3/4 or if you like the kripton factor challenge with cushions it's a double as well.
I have some pics if you would like them.

That's very kind, but I'm looking for rear singles. I need the wardrobes and access to overhead lockers without climbing over my bed, and to be able to carry my coffee to bed!

Upvote 0

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
That's very kind, but I'm looking for rear singles. I need the wardrobes and access to overhead lockers without climbing over my bed, and to be able to carry my coffee to bed!
im the master at hopping up into our rear transverse bed one handed with morning tea in the other...perhaps i'll do a youtube video?.....no.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
im the master at hopping up into our rear transverse bed one handed with morning tea in the other...perhaps i'll do a youtube video?.....no.

Yes please. If the 138 doesn't sell (and I don't think it will now) then I'll have to give it a go. Please include tips for short people!

Upvote 0

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
ok, my best description.....
practice first with two hands....
forget lower of two steps, approach bed with a little momentum (not too much) and place left foot on 2nd step and then literally 'walk' up onto the bed by swinging the right knee up to the matress....
a quick swivel of the hips and youre in.....
i use the same method with tea in my left hand....as i swing up the right knee, steady the ship with the right hand placed on the matress...
mind you, i am a former Olympic gymnast ;) (y)

Upvote 0
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years

Is that Frankia that's advertised here on classified adverts ?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back