Rally Chat Anyone fancy a trip to Llandudno (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
As we are in lockdown the Llandudno Transport festival and Victorian extravaganza was cancelled BUT they are doing a virtual show over this weekend so get on down to the seaside for a wonderful show ...you still have time ?
Not very good with links etc but I will try....if not check it out on Facebook.
Paul haganap you will like this also @Knockinonabit but you probably already know about it ?

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Hilary, Thanks for the info about this it looks like it would have been a great show. Hopefully it will go ahead next year and I will put it in my diary. I love Llandudno.

We had a couple of brilliant meets at the Music Festival. Will try and post photos if I can get my music sticks to works. The girls would love it. :)

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
We had a couple of brilliant meets at the Music Festival. Will try and post photos if I can get my music sticks to works. The girls would love it. :)
Where did you stay for that then Joy ? movan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Where did you stay for that then Joy ? movan

Hi Hilary..

It was on a field on the right of the main road as we drive into Llandudno. On the other side of the field, very flat, was a gateway which you walked through and were on the canal bank. You tuned left on it and walked along the bank for max 10mins and you were by the cafe.. Lovely breakfasts.. actually in the town.

I loved the camp field. I will try and put photos. .. Once I find them. X

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Hilary. My photos have all gone but Boris7 is helping me sort my laptop out and Nanniemate has offered help too... So maybe in week or two I will be able to access photos again..

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

Are you getting confused with Llangollen Joy. As far as am aware there is no canal atLlandudn
Hi Hilary..

It was on a field on the right of the main road as we drive into Llandudno. On the other side of the field, very flat, was a gateway which you walked through and were on the canal bank. You tuned left on it and walked along the bank for max 10mins and you were by the cafe.. Lovely breakfasts.. actually in the town.

I loved the camp field. I will try and put photos. .. Once I find them. X

Are you getting confused with Llangollen Joy. As far as am aware there is no canal at Llandudno.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
movan Joy that was the International Eisteddfod at Llangollen and your right they were brilliant meets.
The one Hillary is saying about at Llandudno the CCC used to have a brilliant rally just on the front by the padding pool but the farm changed hands so no more rallys the nearest parking for 2021 would be Rhos on sea I think.
When we went we took the car but its well worth going, this year we will enjoy the virtual one thanks Hilary.

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Joy movan I did wonder about a canal as I didn't have any recollection of one lol ?
but they do have some music weekends. We stay with the steam rally, as we have exhibits, on bodafon fields. Unfortunately no room for public camping there now. I always recommend the show but it is difficult to find places close by to camp that's why I asked. Carol it sounds like same place....they have a cafe and a bit of a minagerie lol ...
Might be something in Conwy that is not far away.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
only just seen this, thanks for the shout but missed it

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Sorry Paul haganap I wasn't thinking was I.... I don't expect you have any time for that sort of thing at the moment... where would the world be without such caring people as yourself thankyou and stay safe x

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Sorry Paul haganap I wasn't thinking was I.... I don't expect you have any time for that sort of thing at the moment... where would the world be without such caring people as yourself thankyou and stay safe x

aww so sweet, thanks. Hopefully we can get back out and look at some real machines soon.

Jun 23, 2020
Lytham St Anneā€™s
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 231
Exp
movan at Llandudno the CCC used to have a brilliant rally just on the front by the padding pool but the farm changed hands so no more rallys
I remember passing this on our way to and from Llandudno as a kid, shame itā€™s been stopped šŸ˜ž
We used to feel like peasants looking at all the nice caravans/MHs, we had a Conway Canterbury trailer tent. Had some great holidays in that thing around Wales, but Ceibach was the place we returned to pretty much every year. Happy memories there šŸ˜Œ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back