Anybody taxed their MH ‘Disability’ with a weight over 3500? (1 Viewer)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Ours is 5 tonne and I reclassified the tax at a local-ish post office. The nearest main post office had no idea and on recommendation of a friend, I took the same paperwork to the other one a few miles away and the lady on the counter couldn't have been more helpful.

Jan 15, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
1 year
The DVLA send me a reminder for tax, provided my vehicle is Mot'd and insured it just renews, only needed the DWP letter the first time
Correct. But if your claiming for half the RFL back because you do not get the high eligibility only the low for PIP you have to claim by post every year

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't forget that you can only use the vehicle WHEN the disabled person is with you, not on your own, eg nipping to a shop, going to a garage etc otherwise you won't 'have' a legitimately taxed vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 15, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
1 year
Don't forget that you can only use the vehicle WHEN the disabled person is with you, not on your own, eg nipping to a shop, going to a garage etc otherwise you won't 'have' a legitimately taxed vehicle.
You can if your doing something for the person with the disability. Doing the shopping for the ect

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You can if your doing something for the person with the disability. Doing the shopping for the ect
But ONLY in that circumstance, I better many people don't restrict their activities JUST to that, better to mention it now rather then someone getting 'done' because they didn't know about this. It's probably more important for a car as that is more likely to be used for things that are not related to supporting the disabled person.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Don't forget that you can only use the vehicle WHEN the disabled person is with you or if you're doing something for the person with the disability , not on your own, eg nipping to a shop, going to a garage etc otherwise you won't 'have' a legitimately taxed vehicle.

I added in the bit about doing something for the disabled person.

It's a really bummer as my car is wheelchair adapted so we can run my Dad around but because it is also my everyday vehicle I can't register it as a disability car - and that's fine. What really gets me is that we have to pay ULEZ and LEZ charges when taking Dad to appointments and there is no facility to allow a family member with a disability adapted car (financed completely by the family member) to claim back the extra cost of LEZ. That just seems to be unfair.

The LEZ people are always keen to tell me about "green" issues and I could easily buy a different car and then regoster the wheelchair cara s a disability vehicle but yet another car on the road would defeat the whole green rational wouldn't it? The ULEZ people asked if I would consider an electric car (yes if there was an EVAW - there isn't) or if Dad could cycle to appointments. He is 90 and has advanced complex dementia so let me think about that one ............

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
How would an ANPR camera connection know whether the disabled person was in the vehicle?
It wouldn't, however if you are involved in an accident, are pulled by the cops etc, you could be in doo-doo.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back