Any Illustrators interested or do you know someone who maybe can help? (1 Viewer)

Esther_99

Free Member
Dec 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome64
Exp
Since 2014
Dear Funsters,

I wouldn't normally post up requests like this but seeing as most of us are currently in quite heavy lockdowns, for some weeks still to come, and it seems to be leaving people with some extra free time for new creative pursuits I wondered if anyone might be able to help.... or please if you can/ feel you are able to share this post/info with your family and friends to broaden my search for a co-creator on the following idea....

Over 3 years ago abandoned and pregnant Leela came into our lives and her pups arrived very soon after. One evening, Dan was hit by inspiration and wrote a wonderful children's poem/ story about one of the pups for me... "Awesome George and the bird with the broken wing". It was awesome and it's not just me being biased... everyone we've shown it to since has loved it.

This was later followed up with equally inspired and brilliant stories of "Clever Rose and the mucky beach" , "Pretty Pati and the friendly ghost" and "Bounding Bella on the beach" and to complete the set of 5 there was going to be a "Lovely Leela and the...." Maybe even a 6th in the series about their adventures together. They each have a powerful message contained within them as well as being fun and engaging.
But these works are just sat on computer and it feels so sad that they rent out there spreading joy to others...

I'm reaching out to see if anyone has time to consider helping illustrating one or all of them...

We can't offer anything other than the joy of knowing these wonderful stories will finally be able to be read to children and a share of any profits.
Children's stories are a hard market but we've got experience self publishing ebooks and setting up print on demand and for us it's bout seeing these stories not just sat on a computer 3 years on.

Dan created a more traditional poetry (not children's) book called 'Love, Fluff and Chasing Butterflies' about Leela and the pups arrival last year and we'll write more about it in the weeks ahead as we're hoping to raise some funds for the Dogs Trust by donating 50% of its profits to them via Pawcentage Pooch scheme. It's a beautiful combination of poems and drawings of the dogs (which he used software to create from photos). FYI http://www.estheranddan.com/p/love-fluff-chasing-butterflies.html

But for the children's stories we'd can't get the dogs to pose in these fun story scenarios so it needs illustrations!!
?

Would anyone be willing to consider helping or be interested to see if they could help? Please please get in touch or please help me by sharing this post with friends....

The other day with the bike challenge magic happened when people shared and came together to help others. We'd love to see these stories being out their read to children, spreading their messages, as well as maybe (from our side) also being able to raise some money for the Dogs Trust.

Actually there is also one other stand alone children's story/ poem which Dan wrote for his nephew whilst visiting him called Great Uncle Dan and his Zoo in a Van! It's very funny also.... if zoo animals if more of an interesting prospect to a potential co-creator!!!

Please share if you can and please get in touch if you feel you might be able to help....

P.s the inspiration for these poems 'arrived' to Dan after we'd just arrived in the house and spent the months raising the pups and it just so happens to be where we are currently staying in during the lockdown so that's what's promoted this project being reopened by my creative mind.....
And here if you are interested you can Meet The Team... George, Rose, Pati, Bella and of course mama Leela!!

http://www.estheranddan.com/p/meet-team.html

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back