Any bobber enthusiasts out there. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I agree but motorbikes are not included in my life of fun...

Marmite and Oxo Cubes are though! ;)

JJ :cool:

Only because you managed to break the antique Velosolex I sold you at a knock down bargain price.
Once that is repaired you will be back in the saddle, even though somewhat in the slow lane :D.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
OK, this is the serious contender. I went down to Leicester to view it yesterday and can only say it looks better in the flesh than the photos. The guy that owns it is also a motorhomer, so he must be kosher. He also won the TT on a sidecar outfit in 1985, so I presume he knows a little about these things.
You could get a proper bike for that price.

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Is there a difference between a bobber and a hardtail ?

Not a Harley fan usually, but if it was to have no rear suspension I was after, I like the look of this one ....

upload_2019-3-11_14-8-28.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Only had two British 'bikes'
A C15 when I was old enough and later fitted with a triumph trophy motor after the piston crown parted company with the skirt and wrecked the barrel.
and much later an A10 that regularly dumped its oil into the dry sump.
God knows what possessed me either time.

Oh, and a 250 BSA Sunbeam scooter which never did run.......but that was given to me.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
B9C31997-F212-4109-B9E4-458B4A4A22B1.jpeg
I think rear suspension was invented and developed for good reason. Whilst the style is OK, the function leaves a lot to be desired.
I’m looking for better rear shocks for my T140V because it feels like a rigid.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The rear end looks just about low enough for you to try getting your leg over! :rofl:

JJ :cool:

That my dear friend is of major concern. Whats more it will quite possibly be the best offer am going to get nowadays :(.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
That's what they would say betwixt and between. It's part bobber, part chopper. If you're lucky you might get it to the end of your drive before your back and arms are killing you. As others have said, for that money you could get a half decent bike. ;)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
OK, this is the serious contender. I went down to Leicester to view it yesterday and can only say it looks better in the flesh than the photos. The guy that owns it is also a motorhomer, so he must be kosher. He also won the TT on a sidecar outfit in 1985, so I presume he knows a little about these things.

I like that.
Is it worth that kind of money?

Too much cleaning for me though :D

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Every time I build / restore a bike my wife says can you not get a less expensive pastime such as, flying, speed boats, or motorhomes. :D

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Every time I build / restore a bike my wife says can you not get a less expensive pastime such as, flying, speed boats, or motorhomes. :D

I have spent all my money on motorbikes and women - the rest I've just wasted :)

Pat keeps saying "Why do you need more than one bike". For the same reason she has more than one pair of shoes.

A few years ago, I met this stunningly beautiful lady. She had it all: looks, personality, sense of humour, a great cook and a successful career

It was love a first sight for both of us, we were inseparable. After about six months we decided to move in together

Neither of our houses suited, so we started traipsing around the estate agents. We struggled to find a house with a large enough garage. After a while she spotted a house she really liked, but it only had a single garage, she then said those words that no biker ever wants to hear:

"why do you need more than one motorbike?"

End of relationship:)

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I do find a lot of folk with horses seem to struggle to finance them,we have a friend with a livery and they are always owed money from horse owners.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
My brain finally took charge of my heart and I went for an American imported Virago 700 bobber. Throwing my left leg in the air whilst kick starting would have been a slight problem with the Triumph so I have gone down the route of the push button start. I have an aversion for Japanese bikes that goes back a long way, but maybe this one could win me over, only time will tell. The Triton is coming along slowly with the engine stripped and new alloy rims arriving this week complete with stainless spokes. The frame has gone for sandblasting and powder coating. One of my kidneys will be up for sale anytime soon :rolleyes:.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
My brain finally took charge of my heart and I went for an American imported Virago 700 bobber. Throwing my left leg in the air whilst kick starting would have been a slight problem with the Triumph so I have gone down the route of the push button start. I have an aversion for Japanese bikes that goes back a long way, but maybe this one could win me over, only time will tell. The Triton is coming along slowly with the engine stripped and new alloy rims arriving this week complete with stainless spokes. The frame has gone for sandblasting and powder coating. One of my kidneys will be up for sale anytime soon :rolleyes:.

It wouldn't be my choice, but I think you have made a good decision - just ride it & enjoy

Apr 26, 2016
South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur LVX 9
Exp
since 2000
Been a biker forever, and for those of you "who don't get it"
I feel you have missed out on one of life's experiences,
ALL bikers will know what that buzz out on the road feels like
as far as Bobbers, Harleys, and customs are concerned,
they are not for me, but if it's your niche, that's great, get and have one
If your a modern rocket ship rider, a british classic ,died in the wool guy,
a restorer of old iron, I think you are all the same
WE ARE BIKERS, something the sad never biked brigade will never understand
Get that wind in your face at every opportunity, and savour the pleasure.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As others have said, for that money you could get a half decent bike. ;)

Or he could just buy A Motorbike and ride it.

We are talking the price of a brand new NC750DCT which he could jump on, press the button and get off, relaxed in Croatia.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back