Another 12v fault, seem to be a few on here at the moment. (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Arrived at Chester Thursday, plugged TV in bedroom into cig socket, no power. Pressed all fuses, power came on, great, sorted. Watched TV then unplugged TV, next day when plugged back in, no power again.

Checked fuses, the only mention of TV on fuse board is a 10amp which says TV socket / hob ignition. Hob ignition is working fine, so unlikely to be fuse. Checked all fuses, all look ok.

Had dealer fit outside power / aerial socket when we purchased the MH, never used it, it is just below bedroom window dropped TV lead through window and no power to that one either. Because of the location I assume they took the power and aerial feed from the ones in the bedroom.

I have removed the face plate from the bedroom socket and cables seem tight. I can just see a black pencil with object with a silver end, just wondering if this might be a fuse holder of some kind. Should there be a fuse there?

I can't get at it without removing the front plate which risks losing the cables when detached from plate, so don't want to go there if there is nothing inside that might be the problem.

The only other 12v socket is in a cupboard on the other side where the TV aerial is situated and that is working fine.

Any help/ advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Just a Thought. Did you TEST the fuses or just a visual check?. I chased a 12v fault for ages before I went back and Tested a fuse only to find it was "blown" It looked OK.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks for the replies.

I changed the fuse that mentions 'TV socket' the rest I visually checked.
I would have assumed that both TV sockets, the faulty one and the working one in the TV aerial cupboard (excluding the one fitted outside) would be on the same fuse.

I am hoping what I can see behind the panel is another sort of fuse, if not, presumably it could be a wiring problem, which could be anywhere.

Thanks

Steve

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Is the fuse the correct value for the equipment you are using

Thanks for the reply.

No idea, but have not had a problem with it in the last 2 years, using the same equipment.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back