Android file transfare on a galaxy 8 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Im not savy when it comes to this sort of stuff..
I have a mac book air and a samsung galaxy 8 phone and wanted to transfare photos between the two..
Anyway it didnt work at first and most trouble shooting pointed you to this..
Turn on USB Debugging and choose "Media device (MTP)” option.

Thats all well and good but i could not find those options in a menu..
Apparently the newer phones have hidden features in the menu..
If you open settings and go to ' about phone '...then tap 7 times on ' software information' ..this opens something called 'developer options ' and in there you can change the settings i mentioned above...
That worked for me anyway...but what a carry on to find the correct settings.... why do they make it so hard....
Andy.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I had to do that on my Sony phone. I guess it is to stop folk fiddling with things. :) You would thinnk it would be set up to allow files to be transferred easily.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I think most Android versions have this to enable access to developer options. But usually when you plug the phone into a computer with the correct lead the phone should offer up options on the phone to change the USB mode (charging, MTP etc...), sometimes have to drag down from the top to access.

OP
OP
andy63

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I think most Android versions have this to enable access to developer options. But usually when you plug the phone into a computer with the correct lead the phone should offer up options on the phone to change the USB mode (charging, MTP etc...), sometimes have to drag down from the top to access.

Hi Neil...if i remember i did get a notification about changing settings, but just wasnt able to find the ones i needed...
Like i said i had to tap 7 times on the software information tab in the about phone options to get to developer options where i found them. Oh Please! :xeek::xdoh: that would have been impossible to find , and even searching on you tube it took a while to get there...
If id been on the ball i should just have asked on here...
:xgrin:
Happy xmas btw:xThumb:
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
There is a program available from Samsung for the Mac (and PC) called Smart Switch, which allows you to back up the 'phone and do a few other things. It's a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut approach if all you want is one photo but it does work quite well.

An app called AirDroid also promises to allow individual file transfer without plugging stuff in and presumably it works with most android 'phones. I downloaded it but can't be bothered with it, as the Smart Switch software works well enough.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back