And we are off!! Alpe d huez ( in car) (2 Viewers)

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
No traffic problems for Chunnel easy passage through the barriers for passports -all good so far . Signs say don’t get out of vehicle in Chunnel no loos available but so far so good! Will let you know how we get on with the covid apps etc in France and the return downloads of certificates etc . Sunny and warm here! Stay safe in uk storms .xx

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Windy on route-diesel 180 to 170 euros 😱😱😱on m way -everyone wearing masks we got 😳looks for home made ones -blue paper the rule.All trucks have the Andre’s morts signs xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Safe travels. Enjoy your adventurous trip. Only had to use Covid NHS app at a couple of restaurants/bars, noticed today wearing of masks on the buses was slowly not being enforced, most Brits still adhere to wearing. I just pull up the snood.

Aug 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
New owner
Exp
new
How are you getting on Kirsten? Have you managed to hit the slopes yet? Interested to know how it is working for the vaccine passes

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Windy on route-diesel 180 to 170 euros 😱😱😱on m way -everyone wearing masks we got 😳looks for home made ones -blue paper the rule.All trucks have the Andre’s morts signs xx

Peter Andre ?

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I have a Swedish friend with the same name as you, IF your Swedish, I wonder how many British people pronounce it correctly?? :LOL:

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
No Army ski team this year! Sorry for delay no internet yet and the average No of family derangements ( trains cancelled to Gatwick one of the 6 ski pass not authorised etc.ski locker key not working😳
But all good-no one asked to validate ski passes with covid app and we asked if we needed to as booked on line without being asked to download them. Ski buffs worn on lifts but not enforced-masks in shops yes -big queues for ski lifts but moving fast-cold but sunny -good snow for them that ski -forecast for snow dump tomorrow which will be lovely for the walk-to-the-cafe contingent ( ie me ) xx k

Jan 3, 2021
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2003
I have a Swedish friend with the same name as you, IF your Swedish, I wonder how many British people pronounce it correctly?? :LOL:
Anyone who watches The Repair Shop would know.

Jan 3, 2021
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2003
I love Alpe d'Huez - been up it a few times. Last time took me about 3 hours, but in my defence I kept stopping to admire the view!

Have a great time Kirsten - I'll be there in July.

Attachments

• DSCF4544.JPG
    DSCF4544.JPG
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 30
Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Friends of ours used to run the restaurant at the top of the ski lift, back in 2007. We visited then once - got some very funny looks as the only two people getting on the lift without skis.

OP
OP
Kirsten

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
area that was the Aire de camping car is now [?] ging to be a skate park and in meantime is some odd race track on snow with Audi flags and people in Audis skidding round an icy path between high snow banks [we have had a lot of snow !!!] - didnt ask but think you can pay to have a go in one of the cars .
The Aire has apparently moved to the Altiport/Heliport - I will wander up there later to see what it is like but if memory serves it is a long boring slog up an icy road to Altiport- our car is totally snowed in so shanks pony only option so being idle xxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back