Alt Mor car park (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I have been informed that this car park does not allow over night stops.

I sent an e mail to the Scottish Forrestry Commission asking if this was true, here is their reply. We have stayed on this car park umpteen time over the past 3 or 4 years, the car park at Loch Morlich says that to stay at Alt Mor was okay for £2. Have I been dreaming this ?? I asked the wife who says the car park signs said to park at Alt Mor as I thought.
There are always 1 or 2 campers/motorhomes there whenever we go, so I'm not the only person who thinks we can over night there.

Hi Andrew,

I have been asked to respond to your query above.

Unfortunately, none of the car parks in the Glenmore Forest Park area are car parks where we permit overnight stays and this has been in place for several years. There is the option of parking your motorhome overnight at the Coire na Ciste car park on Cairngorm Mountain (just up the road a little further from our car parks) and they ask for a donation if you stay there. I’m sure you’re aware but the views up there are great for visitors to wake up to!

The national “Stay the Night” scheme run by Forestry and Land Scotland scheme does allow overnight stays in selected car parks which can be found here:

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Download the ‘stay the night forest‘ App all the forest sites are on there.
not wishing to state the obvious, but just because you have stayed before and others have doesn’t mean it’s permitted.

OP
OP
BusyBuilder
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Yes, I get your point, but the car park signs said to stay there for 1 night at £2 was permitted, as no over night was allowed at the Loch side, I'm really looking for others that could corroborate this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Yes, I get your point, but the car park signs said to stay there for 1 night at £2 was permitted, as no over night was allowed at the Loch side, I'm really looking for others that could corroborate this.
Is it possible that Scottish forestry don’t actually own it ? Just asking, good luck

Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
is Allt Mhor the one in amongst the trees? If so, we stayed there one night back in Sept 2019. There was a Ticket Machine to pay for parking and nothing to say that no overnight parking allowed. There were a few others camping there. It’s maybe changed since. 179D8B80-5399-4B09-8B5E-6D82F106BC06.jpegEFD592BB-3FD7-4207-A283-83D0FC4DCAED.jpeg8907EA28-D4BF-4F2A-963E-7DFA3100385C.jpeg

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Just come back from Scotland, everyone seems to have been up there and despite proudly displaying my Funster stickers on my windscreen I did not, in three and a half weeks of going all over the borders and the highlands, east and west coasts see or speak to one funster, are you travelling in secret or are you all just shy?? Bruce

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back