Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
We didn't try switching off and on again...just fiddled with the controls a bit! We did switch from lecky to gas but that didn't 'reset' it. Must remember 'off and back on' as a default option in future hahaha!

As you say, it all seems okay now....it was just unfortunate that it happened when it was really cold but we were camped at our friends house and they insisted on leaving their back door unlocked so we could go into house if we needed to in the night!

Of course we wouldn't have had that option if we were on a site.....so it would still be nice to know what happened to it.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Must remember 'off and back on' as a default option in future hahaha!

It's always the first option for anything with electronics inside. 90% of the time it solves the problem (y)

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
We did have hookup when it wouldn't work and I had used kettle and hairdryer so I know the electric supply was okay ....we also tried switching heating to gas but still nothing

When we got home we tried it on gas again and it worked straight away. Strange!!
This is the power switch for the heating on mains. If it is not lit, it will only work on gas if set on the Alde control.
image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not all vans have Sargent units. Ours doesn't (y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Correct but Ja63 have stated they have a Swift who do fit Sargent units so the advise is relevant to their problem.

Probably useful to know yes, but not the answer in this case.

If you read her original post #23 the heating wasn't working on gas either which the Sargent unit being switched off wouldn't have affected. With it not providing heating on either electric or gas, but providing hot water on both the only thing it could have possibly been was the pump not running which means either a knackered pump or the signal not getting to it from the Alde panel. Luckily it appears to be have been the latter, solved by resetting the system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Probably useful to know yes, but not the answer in this case.

If you read her original post #23 the heating wasn't working on gas either which the Sargent unit being switched off wouldn't have affected. With it not providing heating on either electric or gas, but providing hot water on both the only thing it could have possibly been was the pump not running which means either a knackered pump or the signal not getting to it from the Alde panel. Luckily it appears to be have been the latter, solved by resetting the system.
Yes I think you are right, when I read it about being cold after the shower, I assumed that the water was cold as well. As you say, it would have been reset once driven and switched back on.
Everything is far too complicated for its own good these days.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back