Alde heating electric consumption (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Bit embaressing question seeing my Father was a sparkie.

Anyhow I am on Camping Memling and I believe the electric to be 6amp. Will my alde heating be ok on electric alone ? The electric isn't on a breaker so I don't want go to the office if I trip anything. Also will the lady's be ok with there hair dryers ?
So you know the Alde is the old type with slide switches.
Thanks in advance

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
6A s just over 1.3kw which should be fine for a hairdryer depending on its wattage
I would suggest that you use gas for heating as 6A is probably not enough to keep the van warm

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I don’t know the slide controls, but the next generation allow you to chose 1 , 2 or 3Kw, you would need to set 1Kw with only 6A, but provided you have gas I would do as Robert suggests ?

Gas is so much more efficient for heating and you won’t need to remember to turn off before using something else

I am a little worried the girls will over load the supply though ?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I don’t know the slide controls, but the next generation allow you to chose 1 , 2 or 3Kw, you would need to set 1Kw with only 6A, but provided you have gas I would do as Robert suggests ?

Gas is so much more efficient for heating and you won’t need to remember to turn off before using something else

I am a little worried the girls will over load the supply though ?
Hi David

The old slider control has three settings but N+B connect the last two together as people can't be trusted not to blow the site with 3kw.

Martin

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I believe that our three-position slider gives 900W increments. Lowest setting uses 900W, then 1800W and max is 2700W.

If yours is the same, you should be ok using the first (900W) setting.

Ian

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Thanks Chaps perfect info. I had the heating warm anyhow from last night and traveling with the heat exchanger.

Left it on slider position 1 while we was out with thermostat down and it was ok when we got back.
I'll turn it to gas when the dry hair Trouble is G daughter reckons it takes her an hour to dry her hair.

I think I see a Bar round the corner lol.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Left it on slider position 1 while we was out with thermostat down and it was ok when we got back.

If the slider is on the lowest setting, the thermostat setting will only affect how long/often the pump runs (I.e. will have marginal effect on the current consumed).

Ian

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
It takes me 30 secs with my fingers but her hair is almost to her arse.
Luckily she hasn't washed it Tonight

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back