Christow Dave

Free Member
Jun 29, 2021
Christow Devon
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 540
Exp
help just been out to the van and I noticed the fluid in the heating header is vigorously bubbling. it is a aide 3010 system in a Bailey approach it has not been powered fo a few weeks. can anyone advise

Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
Is it just dissolved air in the fluid getting out? I can sometimes hear mine gurgling away in the early hours if its on low. Did it get the fluid replacement at second service to maintain the warranty, but its warranty has probably expired anyhow. But it needs to be replaced every 5 years according to Alde.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Christow Dave

Free Member
Jun 29, 2021
Christow Devon
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 540
Exp
no not on service setting and I don't think it dissolve air much too vigorous and continuous is it possible for the antifreeze to start to bio degrade? its been vigoursly bubbling for at least 5hours

Upvote 0

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Definitely sounds like the pump speed needs reducing. Our Alde in a caravan was once left on max after a service and bubbled away until I turned the speed down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Ours has bubbled since the fluid was changed. Water still works fine so livung with it. Will get Alde to change it next time.

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
This might sound silly or stupid or maybe even both. Do you have to drain the entire system down over winter as you would a warm air blower system.
Thanks

Upvote 0

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Also make sure that the fluid level is correct & not too low. Ours on our old van didn't take kindly to running without the system being topped up to the top level indicator.

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
This might sound silly or stupid or maybe even both. Do you have to drain the entire system down over winter as you would a warm air blower system.
Thanks
The heating fluid stays in as it contains anti freeze. I drain the water if we are just doing days out and then fill up if we are stopping away in it.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Thanks
As Mr Colpot says, the 'heating fluid' is basically antifreeze (G13 spec)/ distilled water mix (of around 50/50 mix) - there are lots of youtube videos on how to change your own fluid, though i dont think what Alde charge is excessive.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Christow Dave

Free Member
Jun 29, 2021
Christow Devon
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 540
Exp
Yes thanks it was the pump . But the boiler is not heating. And the pump won't switch off turning off both the heating and the master and it just keeps going. The only way to stop it was to pull the fuse on the system. Any ideas on what's going on?

Upvote 0

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Yes thanks it was the pump . But the boiler is not heating. And the pump won't switch off turning off both the heating and the master and it just keeps going. The only way to stop it was to pull the fuse on the system. Any ideas on what's going on?

This definitely sounds like the service setting which puts the heating on constantly, I called Alde and they talked me through how to turn it back, unfortunately I can’t remember the process.

Upvote 0

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
As I suggested earlier, perhaps you could ring ALDE tomorrow?

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
If you go to menu and settings you can check if the pump is set to on all the time - I think the settings are on/auto/off. Its normally set to auto so it only comes on when needed but worth checking?

Upvote 0
Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Ours has bubbled since the fluid was changed. Water still works fine so livung with it. Will get Alde to change it next time.
The service engineers changing the fluid usually turn the pump speed to max to speed the process . They often forget to turn them back down once completed .
Our headed bubbled like mad until I found the pump speed was at max

Upvote 0
Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
I can see the heating fluid moving / bubbling slightly in the reservoir when the heating is on and was told that it was quite normal as the system is active. The heating works perfectly and so does the water system and the fluid has just been changed is between MIN & MAX but I would like to check the pump speed that apparently has to be set at speed 3. So, how do I do that?

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
The service engineers changing the fluid usually turn the pump speed to max to speed the process . They often forget to turn them back down once completed .
Our headed bubbled like mad until I found the pump speed was at max
I thought that but the Engineer says its set as it should be. It works ok and I have learned to live with it.

Upvote 0
Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
I thought that but the Engineer says its set as it should be. It works ok and I have learned to live with it.
I spoke to Alde HQ and they told me that the header tank shouldn’t be bubbling so I turned the speed down on my high speed pump to a point that the bubbling stopped but the pump was still running.
I also think the excessive bubbling was actually causing fluid evaporation and I needed to top it up too often.

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
I spoke to Alde HQ and they told me that the header tank shouldn’t be bubbling so I turned the speed down on my high speed pump to a point that the bubbling stopped but the pump was still running.
I also think the excessive bubbling was actually causing fluid evaporation and I needed to top it up too often.
Was the adjustment on the pump itself?

Upvote 0
Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Yes . On my set up ( a high speed pump) it’s a red screw located on the pump located on the side of the ALDE unit itself anti clockwise turns is reducing the pump speed .I can send you a picture tmw if you need ?
Looks like this

Attachments

• 1BBF3D76-DF5B-4EED-80E3-571BA0DA51B5.jpeg
    1BBF3D76-DF5B-4EED-80E3-571BA0DA51B5.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries