Aires in reach of Lisbon. (1 Viewer)

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
I am going to Lisbon in a few days by train.
I may return to stay in the area .Apart from the very central one, are there any more reasonably priced stopping places which you can use then get into Lisbon with a short train or bus journey.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
No Aires but several unofficial off street parking areas, but nothing we would be willing to stay on.

Instead we stayed at a commercial camp site on the other side of the estuary. Easy bus and ferry ride into Lisbon.

May 7, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We stayed at the aire in Sintra at the football ground. €5 incl services. OK for a stopover. Half hour walk into Sintra to the train station. There is a busto the sation but we gave up waiting for it. Can't remember price of train fair except that as we are over 60 it was half price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jillytots
Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
No Aires but several unofficial off street parking areas, but nothing we would be willing to stay on.

Instead we stayed at a commercial camp site on the other side of the estuary. Easy bus and ferry ride into Lisbon.
Ok thanks. Don’t mind about lack of facilities but actually drove there yesterday to take a friend to visit her family grave and won’t chance driving into the centre as parking didn’t look great.
Think get the train a few times from current base( about 45 mins on train)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jillytots
Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed at the aire in Sintra at the football ground. €5 incl services. OK for a stopover. Half hour walk into Sintra to the train station. There is a busto the sation but we gave up waiting for it. Can't remember price of train fair except that as we are over 60 it was half price.
Thanks , likely to visit Sintra next few weeks so Will check that out

OP
OP
Jillytots
Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Anyone know much about the alentejo area or Vicentine coast.
Portuguese friends are saying it’s nice.
being told the wildfire problems are more in the north at the moment?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back