Aires closed (1 Viewer)

Aug 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
I don't know if this information has been on another thread but currently the aires at Lagos and Alvor are closed. Of course Portimao has been closed for a long while. Motorhome parking overnight on the cliffs of Sagres is banned, but you can still park at the fort and I have never seen so many motorhomes here. I believe that some of the aires at Silves are still open too.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
It was posted on Fun a while back that unofficial MH parking places in Portugal were closed this year.

Only official camperstops and campsites are allowed

OP
OP
B
Aug 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
The aires at Alvor and Lagos are municipal ones. Maybe that's why they are closed. The one that's open in Silves is private and not very busy. Some quieter inland municipal aires are open but are allowing only a quarter of their capacity.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Last two weeks touring France and we never found an aire closed, only one altered, and they had shut the services, which I thought was an odd direction to take.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Just turned off, now water supply, no black flush. I thought it didn’t make sense, because people were still dumping their black, down the correct hole, but now unable to flush, and still dropping their grey. If they should or shouldn’t I didnt know, but it’s their country so assume they know better than me.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Portugal (Algarve) has banned wild camping and overnighting in beach car parks. The GNR are quite pro active on it, and there are lots of Facebook ‘grasses’ 🤪
The municipal Aires at Lagos football club and Alvor, and Armacao de Pera have also closed. How long for, no one knows.
you can still park during the day tho, in ‘official’ places.

All of the private aires and sites that I know of are still open as normal.

........eg.

Jun 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxdrive 680ME
Exp
None
The big free campsite at Piniche is till open. We stayed there night before last, dozens of campers/motorhome there. We saw the GNR passing in the evening, didn't even glance in.

We're also (selectively!) wild camping as we go, inland and on the coast, no problems so far 🤞We mix it up with staying on sites but not all are open, or are full.

Jun 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxdrive 680ME
Exp
None
It's our first time in Portugal and have to say we're amazed at the sheer number of campers/motorhomes about, most of them Portuguese. Maybe that's normal though?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back