Airbag light on - MOT fail. (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Coachbuilt
Sod’s law...on way to MOT centre this morning and the airbag light came on which of course resulted in a fail. I had been giving my 2016 Ducato MH a drive every 2-3 weeks or occasional EHU hook up for 5/6 hrs since it went into storage in October. The airbag EHU seems to be the fault according to preliminary diagnosis but getting a further diagnosis this week as the EHU wouldn’t communicate properly with diagnostic equipment. Leads and wires all checked nothing found although doesn’t seem to be a seperate fuse for airbag ? I had read this is not uncommon when MHs are laid up but thought I was being careful enough with sufficient runs out or EHU. Is this a common issue? Crashdata will fix EHU for £70 or do I get a new one for about £350 fitted ? Bit disgusted as thought I was being careful!!

Solution
I'm convinced it was the wrong size battery fitted to my Peugeot based 2015 Elddis..Mine was 680 A/h not 950 and so didnt store the voltage good enough over the winter PLUS on starting strained the battery too much.
Paid to have the seat belt /airbag sensor repaired .New battery at correct power has done the trick.
OP
OP
PG’s trips
Aug 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Coachbuilt
yep think I'll follow all of that advice too. The Fiat mechanic has fitted a few to Ducato vans and no repeat errors so far, though he did.look about 12 so not sure how long he has been qualified. At £400 I asked him about the guarantee....he didn't know, the receptionist didn't know and the service manager of the large dealership didn't know. So I don't know and hope never to have to know. The difficult in NI is that MOTs are carried out by civil servants so there is no room for discretion if the light is on. Can relax now.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back