LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Well, it’s that time of year again, time to get the wallet/cheque book/loan shark(delete as applicable)
Insuring 3 vehicles has always been a chore, searching the web, different times of the year,blah blah etc etc. So this year, I hit on the idea of getting all the vehicles covered at the same time, or as near as damn it.... thinking this wouldn’t be a problem as they all fell within 30 days of each other...
Last year AIB provided cover for all of them, and having used them on a couple of occasions for a claim, I knew that they were an excellent broker to deal with. (Prices for all 3 last year was as follows)
VW Touareg £500
VW Eos £300
Rapido 7065ff £340 with Aviva
Having charged up the iPad, the web search began.
Comfort 1st for the Rapido came in @ £301 or £370 with euro breakdown...underwritten by Aviva ?
So I then went to LV for a multi car quote...
VW Touareg @ £460
VW Eos £200
Rapido ..... please call,,,,,which I did, explaining that I’d already got a quote for the 2 cars. How wrong I was thinking that with having all 3 vehicles under one roof,I was going to have a result.....
They wanted nearly £600 for the Moho with no breakdown....over £1300 for all 3..
So, back to AIB, spoke to Leah, told her my needs etc, asking for full uk and Europe breakdown cover for the Rapido
She said she would call me back in a short while, which she did.
Quoting a total of £965 for all 3+£75 for 12 months uk/Europe. Camper with Aviva and the two cars with Marker study. And all 3 vehicles covered within 3 weeks of each other.
Payed the lady there and then, resulting in one happy Yorkshire man. ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr B

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015.......
I hate the annual insurance runaround to avoid being ripped off...
Me too, that’s why I wanted someone to do all vehicles at the same time. Still hunt round, for the fear of being stung ?

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I have found AIB very easy to deal with. I will be contacting them when my car & motorcycle policies come round.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
One thing to check is whether having them insured individually is cheaper as the multi-vehicle policies can actual work out dearer, they do for us!

fullfat

Free Member
Nov 27, 2017
The North
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Had bad experience with Markerstudy,
please be careful and check out online reviews

OP
OP
Mr B

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015.......
Had bad experience with Markerstudy,
please be careful and check out online reviews
I think everybody has issues with whoever, but in our case, 2 claims, both underwritten by Markerstudy, and no problems and quickly resolved. AIB were professional throughout and still managed to beat or come near to all other quotes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I put 3 cars on a multi car policy with aviva and halved the annual premiums quoted on renewal elsewhere. I still keep the motorhome insured separately though with a proper motorhome policy, not a car policy

Subsequently I have found it would be massively more expensive to insure my 4x4 truck outside the multicar policy now. Renewals have been reasonable with aviva though and insuring all in one policy is still cheaper than individually

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back