Free Member
Jan 6, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2014
Hello. First post although I’ve been a member for a few years. I require some advice please regards travelling in France. I am going to the Ryder Cup in September which is being played near Paris. I’m taking two friends with me but only have the two front seats with seat belts. Will I be ok with the third person travelling in the back on the bench seat or is it a deffo no go ?
Cheers

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I wouldn’t, but it’s yours/ your passengers risk at the end of the day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Look at line S1 in section 4 of your V5C.

That's how many people you can carry including the driver.

It doesn't matter about seatbelts, the age of the van or any of the other things that are certain to be suggested shortly. Carry more than that number of people and you are not legal.

If the number stated there is higher than the number of seatbelts you have then I suggest reading the article in the link above very very carefully.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
If you have an accident and person with no seatbelt is killed or worse seriously injured it will be YOUR fault. I would not want to argue with the police or a no win, no fee solicitor.

We have removed seat belts 3 and 4 so that we do not have to carry passengers, retaining only the female part of the seat belt so that we can restrain our dog, a passenger that we DO want to carry.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I can’t believe people ask this question in this day and age..... I’m sorry but if your Mrs got in the passenger seat of your car and wouldn’t wear a seat belt all the way from Derbyshire to Paris ....... would you let her....?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If a passenger is aged 14 or over it is their responsibility to wear a belt...not the drivers.
Under 14 and the driver is responsible.

Depending on the kind of accident the driver would not be prosecuted for an adult passenger refraining from using a belt.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
@pappajohn - not sure that is the case in France. I have never bothered to find out as when in my vehicle you follow my rules or walk.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I can’t believe people ask this question in this day and age..... I’m sorry but if your Mrs got in the passenger seat of your car and wouldn’t wear a seat belt all the way from Derbyshire to Paris ....... would you let her....?
Would you like to make her

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It could be interesting to ask a few dealers at Peterborough this weekend. How about side facing seats full seat belts or not.....

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
No rear seat belts in the back of my 1987 Hymer 660S so in the (very) rare occasions I have a passenger(s) there, I drive even more carefully than usual...

But then, I go up and down ladders without anyone holding the bottom of them, and ride my 1987 Briggs and Stratton LawnFlite mower without a crash helmet... :whistle:

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back