Advice Please from New Builder (1 Viewer)

ShaunE

Free Member
Jun 21, 2017
Kendal
Funster No
MH
Sport Home
Exp
I have just purchased a LWB Crafter to convert. My plan for the kitchen is very similar to the images attached. My question is, the exterior of the van shows fridge vents only, where would the oven vent too?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks Shaun

Attachments

• Oven and fridge.jpg
    Oven and fridge.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Vents.jpg
    Vents.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 55

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Is there a vent on an oven? Mine has none I can see, It just wafts into the hab area and the fan blows it from the top of the door. Just like at home.

Now your water heater has an in and out vent...

OP
OP
S

ShaunE

Free Member
Jun 21, 2017
Kendal
Funster No
MH
Sport Home
Exp
Is there a vent on an oven? Mine has none I can see, It just wafts into the hab area and the fan blows it from the top of the door. Just like at home.

Now your water heater has an in and out vent...

Sorry I should have been more clear, gas extraction vent for oven.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I have a small circular grill type vent on the outside of the MH which is behind the oven.

Deleted User
It may depend upon your choice of oven and what the manufacturer recommends. Spinflo say that it should be in a well ventilated area.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi welcome spend the fifteen pounds on you subs the best 15 pounds you will ever spent
Endless advice and tips from other motorhome enthusiast
Bill

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As already mentioned, some gas cookers don't have external vents but perhaps some of the larger ones do? Our little SMEV one doesn't. I can only suggest choose your oven first then add a vent if necessary. Or choose one without a vent so you don't have to cut any holes.
On your kitchen design is there room to add a lift up flap on the right of the unit? It would give more work surface although you can spend £100K+ on some German MHs and have no more room. :) :reel:
Just as an aside and having seen several self-builds on here using conventional hinges you might want to consider using piano hinges on every opening door. Our Murvi uses them and after four years the doors are still solidly in place. I've heard stories of doors falling off and I strongly suspect they were fitted using separate small hinges.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
On the smevs it vents through a gap all round the oven into the vanlook at the chrome surrond and youll see theres a gap to the cooker sides

OP
OP
S

ShaunE

Free Member
Jun 21, 2017
Kendal
Funster No
MH
Sport Home
Exp
Hello and Thanks

This is a super friendly forum. I will spend my £15.00 on subs. I have only just purchased the van so all the help and advice is very welcome

Cheers Shaun

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Welcome to the fun house Shaun!

The oven shown in the images above (a Smev) doesn't have a rear vent as there is one built into the front of the casing just above the oven door (see below) which also has a slide-out piece of metal to provide a 'canopy' to try to prevent the heat melting the worktop/sockets above as they get very hot in use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back