Advice on Selling a Burstner Ixeo 2019 (1 Viewer)

Oct 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
burstner
Hi 👋🏻

We are fairly new to motorhoming but we have decided after several trips that we would like to sell it.

It’s a burstner ixeo 2019 with lots of extras .

My question is what is the best way to sell it ? Ie thorough dealer or private ? Are we lightly to be offered a very poor price through a dealer ?

Any advice would be welcome 🤗

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi 👋🏻

We are fairly new to motorhoming but we have decided after several trips that we would like to sell it.

My question is what is the best way to sell it ? Ie thorough dealer or private ? Are we lightly to be offered a very poor price through a dealer ?

As said by Gaston aires maybe try Classifieds first.

You could also consider Simon Select (a member on here) or perhaps Motorhome Depot as some Funsters have given good feedback on this route. Some previous insights here - https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/best-way-to-sell-a-campervan.302421/#post-6125249

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Do your homework and see what dealers are selling same model for.
If you’re lucky you may get an offer between 12 to 15 k less if selling to a dealer 😳Use this as a guide to what you want for your van and ask around 5k less than dealers are selling for. We have never had a problem selling via Motorhome depot. Once I know how much I want I tell them that’s the least I will take it’s then upto them to put whatever they want on top usually 3k. They do all advertising etc and have sole rights to sell the van for 3 months. If you’re selling on here try it for a month or two before letting MHD sell the van for you. They come out and take lots of pics then once you sign up they advertise it, bring buyers to look and once a sale is agreed they pay into your bank before taking the van. You keep your van until they take it. Very easy transactions, and you simply hand keys over to them to show buyer’s and they hand keys back to you once viewing is over. 👍👍👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 966M
Exp
since 2010
Do your homework and see what dealers are selling same model for.
If you’re lucky you may get an offer between 12 to 15 k less if selling to a dealer 😳Use this as a guide to what you want for your van and ask around 5k less than dealers are selling for. We have never had a problem selling via Motorhome depot. Once I know how much I want I tell them that’s the least I will take it’s then upto them to put whatever they want on top usually 3k. They do all advertising etc and have sole rights to sell the van for 3 months. If you’re selling on here try it for a month or two before letting MHD sell the van for you. They come out and take lots of pics then once you sign up they advertise it, bring buyers to look and once a sale is agreed they pay into your bank before taking the van. You keep your van until they take it. Very easy transactions, and you simply hand keys over to them to show buyer’s and they hand keys back to you once viewing is over. 👍👍👍
i can also recommend motorhomedepot, they are brilliant 👍

Upvote 0

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
Hi 👋🏻

I sold a 2019 Burstner Ixeo A Class with lots of extras in 2022. I looked at many options, including Motorhome Depot. They were quite high on my list of preferences I recall. And I liked the reviews I was seeing. I also initially liked the idea of using a broker's site - but in the end I did not want to be parted with my vehicle located on some site that was many miles from my home. Private sale was for me the worst possible option - I simply did not want tyre kickers on my driveway arguing the toss. Being a risk averse sort of person, I eventually went back to a Burstner dealer. At the time they did not have many used Burstners on their site and they gave me a very reasonable cash deal. I walked away with no worries. They later sold it for £8k more than they paid me, but with a warranty that I could not offer to the buyer. The payment to me was instant and I did not have to wait for a buyer to come along. The dealer in my case was Newport Caravans in South Wales. I have no connection to them. I am simply relaying my personal experience of a sale to a dealer.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back