Advanced warning. (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We are off to Cornwall tomorrow. It rains wherever we go so now is your chance to avoid the West Country.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dont worry it rained later on today and the forecast is not good for a few days .
flooding is forecast.
best head for bolventor or roche . first and second highest villages .
but bring your money or your wife /daughter .
highway men are at the ready.

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
We have the same problem. I think we signed up for the optional extra with our motor home - roof mounted rain cloud. Sat on a site in Wainfleet, Lincolnshire and can hardly hear the telly over the rain. The plus side is though the site belongs to a brewery, which is about 50 yards away :D

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We're off from Cornwall next week to Croatia, it's been horrible down here all summer, you'll need the heating on...:cold:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
We are off to Cornwall tomorrow. It rains wherever we go so now is your chance to avoid the West Country.
We will move out of Devon then:p

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Arrived. It's raining. Told you so

It absolutely tipped it down a few hours ago. I thought - I bet they are here :)

I spoke to a relative earlier I hadn't spoken to in a few years. They were asking about where we now live, and asked if we had a sea view. I said not yet, but give it a few more days

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Chucked it down here this morning. Goodwood look wet as well as Cornwall.

OP
OP
Bognor Saint
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Chucked it down here this morning. Goodwood look wet as well as Cornwall.
We live just a few miles from Goodwood. We went to the festival last year and the weather was great. Wet weather tyres today no doubt.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
You must have come fairly close to Shepton Mallet on your way through as it peed hard all morning then eased off after lunch. Been fine since!!

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
We live just a few miles from Goodwood. We went to the festival last year and the weather was great. Wet weather tyres today no doubt.
Been keeping an eye on it online, we leave in the morning, with coats (y)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Colyton, Devon its our local carnival tonight. The weather is boiling 30+ not a cloud in the sky. most people in shorts and t-shirts.!!!! You should have stopped on your way to Cornwall

colyboy

NYE LOOE CORNWALL

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Yeh! it's been a bit iffee here in jannerland today. A bit of drizzle early on, just starting to cloud over a bit now (20.00hrs) Was warm early on but getting a bit parky now, enough to put a gilet on anyway. Gonna be windy tomorrow though, wouldn't put your windout awning out.

Anyway! make the most of this weather, go and see old mother nature at her finest, Cape Cornwall, St Just, Morvah, Godrevy Point, Hells Mouth Kynance Cove.
Avoid Lands End, it'll cost you a 5th Mortgage just to park.

If you make it to Falmouth, Park and ride is closed, but hey ho keep on the A39 till the traffic lights, hang a left down the hill , past the Park on the right, keep going till you see ARGOS on your left, Turn left , up the hill, M/Home friendly Car Park about 30 -50 metres up the hill on the left.
If you walk down the hill (after parking) hang a left at the bottom that'll lead you to the main drag which follows the waterfront. So pop down the various Ope's to view.
Hell of a lot of history there, towns been around since the 13th century
PM me if you need a local Abo guide for Falmouth.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back