Adria Twin door flyscreen metal bracket (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
For others with Twin’s who suffer from the door flyscreen coming off the rail at the bottom the metal replacement brackets are available again. We had one on back order so have paid £15 inc p&p. It’s a lot to pay for a bit of bent metal but if it stops the xxxxx thing coming off it’s worth every penny.

If you’re looking for one contact info@caramotorhomes.co.uk. Pic taken from The Leisure Shop where they are still out of stock last time I looked.

1671017156489.jpeg

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks Andy.

My dealer has had one on order for me since new in July but still not come. Was your supplying dealer getting you one too?

I’ve emailed Cara but they’re now closed but an auto reply says they will respond when open again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Andy MacD
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Not asked them, this is insignificant compared the the numerous warranty repairs and replacements since I got the van, each time requiring a 4 hour return trip. Easier and quicker to sort myself.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Hmm, you are worrying me Andy! Can you expand on the warranty repairs? I reckon ours would be a 6 hour round trip to go back to the original dealer. We should be getting our 640 SLB late June 2003. We have an Adria dealer quite close to us but I'm not sure they would take on our warranty issues?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Andy MacD
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Since I picked up the van in April 2020 I’ve needed the following

Re fixing the magnet holding the swinging shower door, not fixed to wall properly so broke loose during journey, always keep duct tape!
Rear door retaining strap broke, had been installed tight so didn’t flex when closed.
Overhead door locker catches opening
Kitchen drawer closing catch adjusted
Kitchen tap leaking so replaced
Recall for mains control box
Control panel for levels replaced as led indicator not working, in fitting new replacement now chassis battery level indicators don’t work, waiting for another replacement but as new vans being delivered with caravan control panels replacement could take some time.
Main rooflight winding handle loose

I’m sure there are other things I’ve forgotten about, but each time it can take months to get the part.

Re the dealer my local Adria dealer in Aberdeen, 5 miles away, didn’t have stock so I had to buy from dealer in Perth to get one. Aberdeen dealer initially told me they would do any service etc work however when the time came they refused to do any warranty work and while they would do a habitation check if anything was faulty they would not repair / replace, I’d have to go to the supply dealer for that or pay and somehow claim it back.

My advice is that before you pick your van up search through the threads on Twins and note all the issues so when you do your pick up you check everything carefully. I didn’t have that opportunity as it was delivered to me by transporter during Covid.

I do love the van, now done over 7k miles including a 2 month trip to France, but the build quality and response times to resolve issues is shocking for what I thought was a quality product. Sadly that seems to be the way of the world these days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Mountainstar

Free Member
Nov 27, 2023
Funster No
MH
WildAx Pulsar
For others with Twin’s who suffer from the door flyscreen coming off the rail at the bottom the metal replacement brackets are available again. We had one on back order so have paid £15 inc p&p. It’s a lot to pay for a bit of bent metal but if it stops the xxxxx thing coming off it’s worth every penny.

If you’re looking for one contact info@caramotorhomes.co.uk. Pic taken from The Leisure Shop where they are still out of stock last time I looked.

View attachment 697105
Hi, I've been waiting for one from That Leisure shop for 3 months (On back order) Have you a link to whoever "info@caramotorhomes.co.uk" are? I have emailed them to ask if they have stock, but would like to know who they are. Thanks

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, I've been waiting for one from That Leisure shop for 3 months (On back order) Have you a link to whoever "info@caramotorhomes.co.uk" are? I have emailed them to ask if they have stock, but would like to know who they are. Thanks

Looks like they’re a MH dealer in Limerick. I’ve got an Adria Twin on order so think I’ll order a bracket just in case. If the flyscreen is made by Dometic they can be big trouble. Have you tried the Adria Twin FB page?

Some folks make their own
IMG_1871.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Andy MacD
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Mountainstar , you could check through the Adria Twin Facebook page, my wife ordered it, I don’t do Facebook.

Having used the van for about 120 nights this year it’s never come off but can be sticky or grind if the screen is opened at the wrong angle.

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
I still have the original plastic piece.
I sprayed the rail with WD40 (Silicone), and it has definitely improved the sliding movement, but we're careful not to operate it above the black mark in the holder.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back