Additional level of security added today!!! (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
A couple of additional levels of security added today.

Firstly Motorhome is parked in such a way that it can't be easily driven out. I needed to do about 15 manoeuvres to get in there, so will need the same to get it out. All under the watch of extensive CCTV around the house. There will be a small van parked up closely behind, so the Motorhome can't be moved until the small van is moved.

Secondly I have also (nearly finished) installing two key operated folding bollards (yellow posts) which will need unlocking or cutting off (again under the watch of the CCTV). Just need to concrete them in later when it gets a bit cooler.

Will be fitting steering lock, wheel lock. It already has alarm, immobiliser, internal camera and tracker and extensive CCTV around the exterior of the house.

Yes I know that if 'someone' is determined to take a Motorhome, they will be able to overcome any devices/security measures, but at least they might decide there are easier targets out there!!

IMG_20220714_151218_912.jpg
IMG_20220714_151207_984.jpg

Deleted User
............. and people still ask us how we could possibly have moved away from the UK :rolleyes:

I love the old country and it's depressing to see the sad state of affairs that exists now. This wouldn't have been a factor in leaving 14 years ago, but certainly would be a major consideration if contemplating a move back, which is very unlikely.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
............. and people still ask us how we could possibly have moved away from the UK :rolleyes:

I love the old country and it's depressing to see the sad state of affairs that exists now. This wouldn't have been a factor in leaving 14 years ago, but certainly would be a major consideration if contemplating a move back, which is very unlikely.

maybe, but we dont get gassed in our beds at motorway services etc in the UK ..... :imoutahere::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

although this isn't a thread about what's good and what's bad about the UK, as much as i enjoy touring Europe, I am strangely always happy to get back to the UK.

PS - I'm going even further now having a Growler, from Vanbitz, fitted next week .........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
A couple of additional levels of security added today.

Firstly Motorhome is parked in such a way that it can't be easily driven out. I needed to do about 15 manoeuvres to get in there, so will need the same to get it out. All under the watch of extensive CCTV around the house. There will be a small van parked up closely behind, so the Motorhome can't be moved until the small van is moved.

Secondly I have also (nearly finished) installing two key operated folding bollards (yellow posts) which will need unlocking or cutting off (again under the watch of the CCTV). Just need to concrete them in later when it gets a bit cooler.

Will be fitting steering lock, wheel lock. It already has alarm, immobiliser, internal camera and tracker and extensive CCTV around the exterior of the house.

Yes I know that if 'someone' is determined to take a Motorhome, they will be able to overcome any devices/security measures, but at least they might decide there are easier targets out there!!

View attachment 641255View attachment 641256
Take off the adria stickers and replace with LADA
No one will nick it

Aug 17, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2011
maybe, but we dont get gassed in our beds at motorway services etc in the UK
I would say because it costs you parking to stay more than 3 hours
The facilities are questionable.
The food is rubbish.
Apart from that our services are OK in UK. :unsure:

enark

Free Member
Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner
Bung in the exhaust……that may stop them….

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Bung in the exhaust……that may stop them….

How about attaching a trumpet to the exhaust so that when it is started up the trumpet starts playing very loudly ?

Rather like this, it would attract some attention when driving down the road.

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
Can't be arsed with stuff like that,
I have a lot of sympathy with that view.
if it gets nicked I can get a shiny new one once the insurance pays up.
I am not sure I want a shiny new one. All the emissions regulations mean that once the shine has worn off, they just don't work as well as the old ones.

Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
Couple of Claymore mines pointing away from van doors ,, and inside a few deadly snakes would be best ,, too much paranoia can be a bad thing

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I am not sure I want a shiny new one. All the emissions regulations mean that once the shine has worn off, they just don't work as well as the old ones.
Are but you get the Fun of adding loads of bits rewiring the electrics, much more fun than using it.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Strangely i dont hear of many people getting back all what they paid for their motorhome including the upgrades .... so, i prefer to take precautions at home. we used to leave the motorhome at home for up to 7 weeks at a time, with no-one being there, so investing in a few layers of security was the right thing to do.
i now have the growler and non starter fitted, but would prefer for anyone to not even attempt to enter/take our motorhome. rather than causing damage on entry, so i still believe that visible deterrents are a worthwhile consideration.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back