LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
After this years debacle of the trailer first and then the gearbox going on the way home from Spain I decided to sign up for ADAC..
I foned using Skype so it only cost 23p and I was on the fone to them for .. welllll... 23 minutes :)
Mind you, a lot of that time was having a bit of a larff with the young lady on tother end..
Her English was a million times better than my pathetic German but she did allow me to use it a bit and helped with some pronunciation issues
The last 5 minutes was spent discussing Krimble etc :)

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
German based vehicle recovery / rescue scheme with reciprocal arrangements in the UK with the AA. Good value, apparently but we weren't able to join earlier in the year because we don't have a German address and the AA were talking of pulling out of the group.
you don't need a German address

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Been with ADAC since 2010, 2 claims one in France, one in Italy. Very pleased, they cover me for every vehicle registered in my name as long it is for private use up to 7.5 ton and 10 mtr long. Also other benefits. They will get rid of you though if you take the pee with frivolous claims. It's what keeps them cheap.

Dick

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I was told that I needed a Getman address when I tried to join last year.
If you call them and spesk with them they will not ask for a German address. If you try and use their website then it will... also some people online say you have to have a German address. You don't. .simple.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
If you call them and spesk with them they will not ask for a German address. If you try and use their website then it will... also some people online say you have to have a German address. You don't. .simple.
I'll try again. I did speak to a person in Germany via Skype but couldn't sign up due to their restrictions which I thought were address related.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well I used Skype too.. see above post #32
Lovely lady and very very helpful ( and chatty !! :xgrin: )

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
ADAC is much more than a recover/breakdown service. To start with it is you that is covered in whatever vehicle you happen to be in be it as a driver or passenger, europe 365 days plus some health cover as well.

As I read it cover is only valid for 92 days from leaving home so you need to bear that in mind although things might have changed since we last had it a few years ago.
I would check with them if you are planning longer trips abroad. See att'd English translation doc..

Pete

Attachments

• ADAC.pdf
    68 KB · Views: 20

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Lady advised I went for the plus option.. Full coverage for me and Woman all year round

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back