ADAC (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Nope! I joined three weeks ago, I phoned and payed by debit card gave my English address and paperwork and membership cards arrived the next week, simples!

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Ring Barbara Lorenz at ADAC. Her phone No:- 004994155673. She speaks very good English, as do many of them.. Good luck. Mitch..

PS.. DO take the "Plus" it is worth it !! ( IMHO )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Barbara is great to deal with! When I called her, I used Skype credits (bought to call landlines) and my 20 minute call cost peanuts! I also use Skype for my annual renewal using a debit card. Downsides? Brush up your German, because EVERYTHING you get is in German. I'd love to know what is in the monthly magazine I get - good pictures though!

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Barbara is great to deal with! When I called her, I used Skype credits (bought to call landlines) and my 20 minute call cost peanuts! I also use Skype for my annual renewal using a debit card. Downsides? Brush up your German, because EVERYTHING you get is in German. I'd love to know what is in the monthly magazine I get - good pictures though!
just use google translate

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
I'm with ADAC and I'm sure I read somewhere that if you don't want to renew at the end of the year, you must give them three months' written notice. How can that be allowed under EU law, with 14 day cooling-off periods etc? Seems unenforceable to me.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
so have they sorted their "dispute " with the AA. as when i tried to join several months ago they said they could not take UK residents

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
The three month notice thingy is wide-spread in Europe.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
To be honest I thought it was a yearly membership anyway that didn't renew without you calling and giving credit card over the phone...
(no intention of giving up this excellent service btw)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
What is Adac please?
German based vehicle recovery / rescue scheme with reciprocal arrangements in the UK with the AA. Good value, apparently but we weren't able to join earlier in the year because we don't have a German address and the AA were talking of pulling out of the group.

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
I have been with ADAC for 3 years well worth the money, they did have problems with the AA a while ago dont know if thats changed it was i heard but dont quote me because a lot of AA empolyees were joining the ADAC because it cheaper and a lot better in Europe, I cancelled the posted mag and get it emailed and translate with Google as said before.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
You can go to the ADAC website and as a member you can register and then log in to read the magazine online. You then set your computer to translate it..

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
We joined while in Düsseldorf and have received our cards but...........we did a delayed start so it dosent start till January but we can't for the life of us remember giving them our card details !!!!
Not sure we had them on us .......think we should contact them as I'm unsure if the cards will work if I don't

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
I'm with ADAC and I'm sure I read somewhere that if you don't want to renew at the end of the year, you must give them three months' written notice. How can that be allowed under EU law, with 14 day cooling-off periods etc? Seems unenforceable to me.
VE AVE VAYS OF MAKING YOU COMPLY...... SVINEHUND...........:xeek: :xrofl:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
ADAC is much more than a recover/breakdown service. To start with it is you that is covered in whatever vehicle you happen to be in be it as a driver or passenger, europe 365 days plus some health cover as well. Best value out there the AA could not compete so pulled out/ made it difficult however I have called them out whilst in the UK no problem.
The plus covers husband and wife for under £100 a year worry free motoring. Great cover.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I believe this is the Brit freefone number

0 800 5 10 11 12 ??

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I rang on this when I signed up last April
0049221472747 spoke to a Julia Schmidt.
Just as an afterthought is it auto renewal or have I to ring to renew?

beebee007

Free Member
Jul 5, 2015
Measham south Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail
Exp
motorhoming for 5 years had caravans some time before.
You can go to the ADAC website and as a member you can register and then log in to read the magazine online. You then set your computer to translate it..

I am with Comfort insurance and covered for euro breakdowns. We broke down in Germany this year with the dreaded fiat fuel filter leaking. Called the free phone number and they sent out ADAC to assit us. The mechanic removed the fuel filter and found a air line crack in casing. Iwas then taken 15 mile to a dealer were we had to order a new filter assembly. ADAC took me back to my vehicle and I was given the choice of been towed to there yard or stay were we was just out side a site were thay let us use the facilties. I was piked up 2 day later taken to Fiat dealer we collected new filter only to find the dealer had bined the old unit with the mounting bracket attached so mechanic had to fit filter with cable ties and agreed to forward a new bracket to me. This was done great service from these guys.
Would recommend ADAC or better still join Comfort insurance.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I used to be with Comfort.. Then they just became SO expensive as to be ridiculous .. What is weird is that when I said no to them they actually put me through to another company that came back with a price 1/3rd ( ONE THIRD ) of what Comfort offered. So I could get the insurance AND the ADAC cover and still save money !

May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Please pardon my ignorance.I had thought that ADAC was for cars only. Does it apply to motorhomes and, if so, will our 7.5 motorhome be eligible for cover?
Many thanks

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As long as you state the vehicle dimensions all is good :)

Lookaround

Free Member
Sep 23, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
I joined a couple of months ago from Ireland and was able to pay by online bank transfer as for some reason I wasn't able to use a credit or debit card on their website. The membership cards arrived in a few days and I get the magazine in the post also. My German isn't great but the pictures are nice

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back