ADAC stopping new membership outside of Germany. (1 Viewer)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I am including a corresponece from ADAC concerning memberships from outside Germany.
They are continuing to support membership of existing members but only if that membership is continuous and renewed promptly on renewal date . I enclose said information.
Dear Members & interested Persons,

Unfortunately from the 1st of October 2017 the ADAC Mobile Club in Germany is not allowed to take out any new memberships for interested people with a residence outside from Germany.

For existing Members is it still possible to renew the existing breakdown cover insurance over the phone and stay as a member in ADAC Mobile Club.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kindest Regards

Amanda Moser-Wickles
Leiterin Geschäftsstelle & Reisebüro
ADAC Südbayern e. V., Paracelsusstraße 1, 93053 Regensburg
Tel: (0941) 5 56 73 Fax: (0941) 56 16 65
amanda.moser-wickles@sby.adac.de
www.adac.de/suedbayern ADAC Reisen: Campingurlaub, Ferienwohnung & mehr www.sicherheitstraining.ne

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, I received the same letter. It is a sad day, ADAC is so much better than any UK based service and their medical repatriation service included with ADAC Plus is a real bonus. I will make every effort to keep my membership current.

I do wonder if this is a business decision or a regulatory intervention.

Jun 1, 2016
Chesham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since April 2016
I was told it was Brexit when at the Caravan Salon this year. It does however appear to have happened earlier than they had expected. They are very clear that there is no possibility of membership if not EU citizens, but will honour existing contracts.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
OK for us that are already members but I wonder if they will continue covering the UK when we're out of the EU? I hope they do.

Lookaround

Free Member
Sep 23, 2015
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2004
I live in Ireland and just last month received a letter from them saying that they wouldn’t be sending out their magazine by post anymore as it was too expensive to send it abroad, but I could register if I wanted to be able to read it on line. I did that without any problem and there was no mention of any issue with my membership. I can’t speak German by the way so I’m not sure what use the on line version of the magazine is!!

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
I live in Ireland and just last month received a letter from them saying that they wouldn’t be sending out their magazine by post anymore as it was too expensive to send it abroad, but I could register if I wanted to be able to read it on line. I did that without any problem and there was no mention of any issue with my membership. I can’t speak German by the way so I’m not sure what use the on line version of the magazine is!!

The use of the online version of the magazine is that you can translate the content .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back