Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Ellington, Morpeth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2016
We’re heading to Denmark, Sweden, Norway from mid July-early September. I was told maybe to obtain an ACSI for campsites. If any funsters have any knowledge/experience please advise thanks

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
ACSI works well in all the countries we have been to, which does not include Scandiavia. But I don't see a problem at all.
For us ACSI is an essential tool.
Phil

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi we have used the Acsi book in Sweden this year and found it very good value- although most of the sites do not give the discount during July and the first couple of weeks in August.
You will also need to purchase the Camping Key Europe identity card to stay on a campsite in Sweden, it cost about 150 sek from your first camp site
https://www.campingkeyeurope.com/
We also picked up a campsite guide for Sweden from the tourist office
https://www.camping.se/en/Campingse-International/
This told us that most of the sites listed were doing 3 nights for the price of 2 in May and September which will be of use to you.

Hope you enjoy your trip
Steve ans Sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Camping Key Europe will PROBABLY be of more use in Scandinavia than ACSI. But bear in mind that, especially in Sweden, you are allowed to park (motorhome) anywhere, even on private land!!! The land owner would have to personally ask you to leave. We were told we could even swim in private lakes (In my case the world would freeze over before I swam anywhere :LOL:).

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
Only just seen this thread.

As was stated above, Camping Key Europe is more use in Scandinavia than ACSI. Buy it online rather than at a campsite. Its not only cheaper, but lasts a year from the day of purchase.

...But bear in mind that, especially in Sweden, you are allowed to park (motorhome) anywhere, even on private land!!!

Sorry, but thats incorrect. What the swedes call "allemansrätt" allows camping in a tent on private land for a maximum (if I remember correctly) of 24 hours. To drive a motor vehicle of any description off the road breaks what is known as "terrängkörningslagen." Even driving a motor vehicle on roads in national parks is illegal, even for the land owner. In other words, be very, very careful. Swedes are very protective of their nature.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Only just seen this thread.

As was stated above, Camping Key Europe is more use in Scandinavia than ACSI. Buy it online rather than at a campsite. Its not only cheaper, but lasts a year from the day of purchase.

Sorry, but thats incorrect. What the swedes call "allemansrätt" allows camping in a tent on private land for a maximum (if I remember correctly) of 24 hours. To drive a motor vehicle of any description off the road breaks what is known as "terrängkörningslagen." Even driving a motor vehicle on roads in national parks is illegal, even for the land owner. In other words, be very, very careful. Swedes are very protective of their nature.

Thanks for correcting me. I was only going by what we were told by other motorhomers we met whilst over there. They said Allemansratten meant "every man's right" to countryside access. However we didn't park anywhere private and had absolutely no problems. We found the Swedes to be very friendly and welcoming.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back