AA breakdown/Lloyds packaged bank account (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have just has an email reply from the AA which confirms that our motorhome will be covered for breakdown etc in the UK. Every vehicle except a motorhome was included in the smallprint in the policy documents. I phoned and they were a bit vague so now I have it in writing, all printed off just in case, it only covers motorhomes under 3.5 tonnes. We have Fiat Camper assist but I'm not too sure how good it is. Hope this is useful.

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Change to Nationwide Flex Plus account. I have just been advised that my Rimor 3500kg 7.5m motorhome is now covered for breakdown and recovery throughout Europe. This is along with travel insurance, mobile phone insurance and other bits and pieces.
I just need to talk them into insuring my dog, and all for £ 10.00 per month.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Change to Nationwide Flex Plus account. I have just been advised that my Rimor 3500kg 7.5m motorhome is now covered for breakdown and recovery throughout Europe. This is along with travel insurance, mobile phone insurance and other bits and pieces.
I just need to talk them into insuring my dog, and all for £ 10.00 per month.

How many days a year can you be abroad on a single trip and how many days in total on multi trip..BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Lloyds premier it is 62 days per trip, it also covers our younger 2 children if they travel separately from us provided they travel with one other person aged 18 or over whilst they are in full time education. Covers us worldwide until we are 80. It is dearer than the nationwide one but we have more than covered our costs. May well change when youngest leaves uni.

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Busby, I am currently in Spain, two days ago I had an email from Nationwide advising me of the change to my car breakdown and recovery provision is now being extended to cover my motorhome. The car was covered with no restriction on time abroad so I assume that the van will follow suit. I have to say that as soon as I ger home in April I will be asking the same questions.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Busby, I am currently in Spain, two days ago I had an email from Nationwide advising me of the change to my car breakdown and recovery provision is now being extended to cover my motorhome. The car was covered with no restriction on time abroad so I assume that the van will follow suit. I have to say that as soon as I ger home in April I will be asking the same questions.

I am with Nationwide. May pop in and check it out. Thanks BUSBY.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We rely on the Lloyds travel insurance and from a friends experience when he was attacked in Barbados it is very good. Never looked into the breakdown cover as it is UK only but have used it on the car.
My wife is ex Lloyds so we get a 50% reduction on the monthly fee & with the 4% interest we are in profit.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Just changed to Nationwide Flexi and have had a quick scan through booklet and I cant see any time restriction on European travel.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
I found a Nationwide document number P2221 but although google seems to find it I can't get a link to it that works
It defines a European "trip" as:
a pre booked continuous journey to the countries as specified within the
geographical limits of Section D (UK & European Assist) which begins
and ends in the UK and which does not exceed 180 days in total during a
12 month period

I have now found this this link to another document and it has a similar definition with the 180 day limit.
Broken Link Removed
a pre booked continuous journey to the countries as specified within the
geographical limits of Section G which begins and ends in the UK within the
policy period and which does not exceed 180 days in total during the
policy period.

I still not sure whether its a maximum trip length of 180days or multiple trip making up 180 days.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
It Appears to confirm a 180 day period within certain Geographical limits.? For a "belt and braces" approach it might be prudent to set out a "proposed" Say (120day) trip and direct the message to their customer services. At which point in law I would suspect you could rely upon their reply on top of the original?

Sloberdob Bob if he`s still about might have a better idea?

Pete

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Beware Lloyds travel insurance - the cover itself is fine except the length of trip however you can pay extra and extend it so that's OK but having had the account and hence the insurance cover since the bank first introduced add ons to the accounts (the account pre-dates it) they suddenly wanted an Additional Premium for Jenny's pre-existing medical conditions.

These haven't changed neither has the medication.

They wanted an extra £600 to cover her !!! Bearing in mind we had transferred our actual banking to Santander anyway, that meant they would be getting the £300 bank fees (Platinum account, but worth keeping it originally since £300 isn't bad for all that cover) plus £600 for the travel cover each year.

£900 should be enough if we have a problem bearing in mind if it's an emergency (which is the only reason we'd seek treatment abroad!) we have EHIC anyway !

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
With Lloyds the extra fee for extended trips are to increase from 45 days to 60 days £70 for 93 days £130 that is a single fee for muli trip cover.

Also unless you have serious medical conditions Lloyds probably have the largest list of conditions you don't need to declare.

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back