A text very and germ language (1 Viewer)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We have set up in a site and wanted to use the avtex and the mobile dish.
I set up the dish using a signal finder the pugged the avtex in, but it only comes out with German and all the selections on the setup are in German
I cannot get it to English even though the screen gives English as choice
I cannot use it like that an do not know which satellite other tha Astra 28 2 What are the transponder numbers they means sod all to me especially in German. How does it know where I am and I haven’t even turned it on yet to get a program. I really do feel like useless when no button do anything and nothing happens

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What dish is it?
Have you had it working in the UK?
You should be able to pick up Astra 2 about a third to half way across Germany.

This is the Astra 2 Footprint, the numbers refer to the size of dish, I have found generally the pickup area is quit a bit larger than the published footprint.

upload_2017-11-3_16-44-17.png

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I am totally lost with this tv. It will not allow me to accept the same as I had at home nothing works it is going in the back and forget the whole idea of tv now I have a four day old newspaper to read again. We are at Frankfurt area an inside the zones and I am getting a signal but cannot tell which of the number of satelites up there it could be anything. Wish I had not bothered, I cannot even get digital now in German

Do not confused about the title it was meant to be
Avtex tv a German language change . But predictive got it first

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Have you got the dish actually pointing at the correct satellite ? What about decoder ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You can download your TV instruction manual here.
I just looked at some of their instructions and there should bet a botton marked "setup" on top of the tv, if you press this hopefully the first screen you will see will let you select country so you should be able to select UK and get it back in English.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Sounds like you have pointed the dish at Astra1 which is at 19 degrees but shows on the signal meter just as if it was Astra 2 at 28.2 degrees. Just move the dish to the east (left 9 degrees) or a bit and look for the signal meter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back