A Tad Scatalogical But I Was Wondering... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
... how much my is mpg improved after I have completed my bi monthly black tank emptying chore.

I always think the van goes up hills a bit easier but it might just be psychological.

JJ :cool:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
How big is your black tank?

Water weighs 1kg per litre (or as near as dammit), have never weighed, ermm, poo! Thus a full 500 litre black tank is going to weigh half a ton - so yes, probably would have an effect on performance up hills..............

My cassette when full weighs enough thankyou, you can keep your black tank! :LOL:

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
BUT perhaps you'll get worse performance going down hill? :LOL:

Assuming you start and end at the same height above sea level, PERHAPS it will cancel out? :whistle:

Gordon

PS have you investigated the effects of cleaning the outside of the van? Slightly less weight? Slightly less aerodynamic drag? Do it now and save the planet! :rolleyes:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You have too much time on your hands @JJ, you need a logburner, that should keep you occupied :).

Reactions: JJ

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You have too much time on your hands @JJ, you need a logburner,

Good idea, Bit messy but if there is only urine in the tank he wont have to empty so often (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Having guessed what a black tank might be, the bi-monthly interval seems ... retentive.

More fibre in the diet should be a good start.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I like the idea that you can cook on it, I think it’s so sad burning all that wood on a stove and not being able to boil a kettle/cook on it.

Reactions: JJ

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
For every extra 50kg you carry in your vehicle, you reduce fuel mileage and fuel economy by roughly 2%. So let’s say the average poo weighs about a half a kg, so if you have a 250 litre black tank that’s full, that’s around 250 kg, this seems an awful lot of poo about 500 poos) theoretically this has reduced your fuel consumption by 10%. If you do 20 to the gallon (miles not poos) this has reduced your mpg to 18.

Now, although maths was never my strong point, after 14 days at say 2 poos per day, that’s about 14 kg without water, so in essence your black tank can’t possibly need emptying twice a month, I can only surmise you must be having far to many poos for this to make any sense at all and I suggest that every time you scratch your ear you pray that it’s wax on the end of your finger!

Anyway I have to go now as I need a poo, you figure it out!:confused::rolleyes:;)(y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I assume you are dumping this off your patch given you have been considering drilling a borehole. What goes down comes back up. :)

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
For every extra 50kg you carry in your vehicle, you reduce fuel mileage and fuel economy by roughly 2%. So let’s say the average poo weighs about a half a kg, so if you have a 250 litre black tank that’s full, that’s around 250 kg, this seems an awful lot of poo about 500 poos) theoretically this has reduced your fuel consumption by 10%. If you do 20 to the gallon (miles not poos) this has reduced your mpg to 18.

Now, although maths was never my strong point, after 14 days at say 2 poos per day, that’s about 14 kg without water, so in essence your black tank can’t possibly need emptying twice a month, I can only surmise you must be having far to many poos for this to make any sense at all and I suggest that every time you scratch your ear you pray that it’s wax on the end of your finger!

Anyway I have to go now as I need a poo, you figure it out!:confused::rolleyes:;)(y)
Simon, I have heard it mentioned that JJ is full of $hit ;)

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695

I don't think fuel consumption is a major issue for JJ It appears that our self-styled ruffty-tuffty, full-time motorhomer is actually a sedentary shed-dweller ;)

I'm still working out how he manages only to put number twos in the tank without including any number ones. And how you would manage to empty such a solid load through a pipe :confused:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I don't think fuel consumption is a major issue for JJ It appears that our self-styled ruffty-tuffty, full-time motorhomer is actually a sedentary shed-dweller ;)

I'm still working out how he manages only to put number twos in the tank without including any number ones. And how you would manage to empty such a solid load through a pipe :confused:
That’s the secret of motorhoming dear boy:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back