A photo of the day thread (7 Viewers)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Then I blew all my hard work cycling by making a pizza for lunch plus wine. ?
90822E23-406D-4DA3-B2C8-6D46E3B51BEC.jpeg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Wild Garlic in a local (walking distance! :)) wood. The TV chefs rave about it but I'm unconvinced on the basis of the wild garlic pesto I made a year or so ago.

No excuse I guess not to try again. Just need to find a good recipe...

IMG_20200330_155140.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Spotted hazel just coming into leaf in the hedges on today's walk.

IMG_20200331_153518.jpg

I also spotted this.

IMG_20200331_144446.jpg

A tyre has left an imprint of the writing on it at the bottom of the bank in the lane. Thinking about it later on the walk I realised how it got there wasn't simple. If a typical car tyre had hit the bank the writing would be smeared. But this writing is very clean.

My theory is it was made by a tyre fitted to a large and heavily laden farm trailer. The heavily laden bit is important as it would cause the sidewall at the bottom of the tyre to bulge out and this is what left the imprint. The tyre was rotating but the bulge moves smoothly horizontally. You would get the same effect if the tyre was under inflated but I'll assume the farmer had them correctly inflated. Also it was a trailer tyre because there is no obvious tread pattern on the ground. :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

View attachment 373509

I also spotted this.

View attachment 373510

A tyre has left an imprint of the writing on it at the bottom of the bank in the lane. Thinking about it later on the walk I realised how it got there wasn't simple. If a typical car tyre had hit the bank the writing would be smeared. But this writing is very clean.

My theory is it was made by a tyre fitted to a large and heavily laden farm trailer. The heavily laden bit is important as it would cause the sidewall at the bottom of the tyre to bulge out and this is what left the imprint. The tyre was rotating but the bulge moves smoothly horizontally. You would get the same effect if the tyre was under inflated but I'll assume the farmer had them correctly inflated. Also it was a trailer tyre because there is no obvious tread pattern on the ground. :)

Have I seen you on Silent Witness? :unsure:

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016

I also spotted this.

View attachment 373510

That has fasinated me so much that I worked out what the imprint said and searched google until I concluded it is the imprint of a Continential Hybrid HS3 truck tyre. Still can't quite get my head around how it has left such a perfect sidewall imprint without it either being smeared or curved.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
That has fasinated me so much that I worked out what the imprint said and searched google until I concluded it is the imprint of a Continential Hybrid HS3 truck tyre. Still can't quite get my head around how it has left such a perfect sidewall imprint without it either being smeared or curved.
I'm guessing that if you looked down on the tyre the bulge would itself be curved and just touching the bank at one point.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Thinking about it, I bet that the mud was stuck to the side of the tyre while the truck was forced into the verge, possibly as something was passing in the other direction. The mud would have been stuck round the side wall of the tyre and then dropped back down flat onto the road verge as the truck pulled away which is way there are some cracks running from the top downwards as it laid back down.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thinking about it, I bet that the mud was stuck to the side of the tyre while the truck was forced into the verge, possibly as something was passing in the other direction. The mud would have been stuck round the side wall of the tyre and then dropped back down flat onto the road verge as the truck pulled away which is way there are some cracks running from the top downwards as it laid back down.

By golly, Sherlock. I think you've cracked it old fellow.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
I don't know why, but your post made me cry.. I'm so weepy at the moment with all that's going on,: you are so right. We need to stop and appreciate everything that is beautiful in the world and hope we don't lose them.
Sending a group hug. Stay safe stay strong.

It doesn’t matter if your religious or not the below as brought me strength. we are not alone.

BA9D410B-3ACF-4FD4-B213-59294E90FB8D.jpeg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Because of illness and other factors beyond my control the last couple of years, my lovely garden is just like a dumping ground and skip.

Sooo pleased, as went out this week to find my Aubretia has saved itself and blessed me with a beautiful display. :)

IMG_20200403_141050.jpg
IMG_20200403_141050.jpg

Apr 20, 2015
Blenheim, New Zealand
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a newbie
View attachment 374435View attachment 374436
It’s a shame it’s had to come to this. Numpty’s still trying to drive to somewhere for a walk.
It is so surreal. We are having the same problem here in NZ. Some people think it is their right. If we all stop and think of others, the world will over come this.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!