Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
York, relaxing no
9FE5DE3C-FA23-46BD-9728-AF7810FE9CFD.jpeg
work all week😄😋

Met family last night in York for a meal who’ve flown over from America, they’re in a top hotel.

£15 a night will do me, last time we were here it was half that, but stop moaning Paul you tight fisted Yorkshire bleeder.

Lovely walks and I cycled in along the river yesterday, Caz relaxed at the van.

Even one eyed Suki is enjoying it.

The Minster looked stunning in the evening sun last night, will get some photos this week.

Weathers good, a game of scrabble, a few Black Sheep ale, cool lagers, a case of Guinness in the garage.

They said don’t leave your bicycle in York without a secure lock, I don’t bother with locks, nobody seems to want this one🤣

Bon appetite.

But best of all, listen to this last bit.

The chuffing rotten, stress causing work phone is in the drawer in the house, I covered the phone in a towel, wrapped it round 4 times, then locked the drawer, I was going to then tape the drawer up but we were rushing to get packed😄

Now where’s that scrabble and the bottle opener.
A08648B8-2314-4777-802F-9CD81551771F.jpeg
F4BCB41E-14D6-4D67-975F-FBD4CFAB65FC.jpeg
230EB386-D4C7-4DD5-B657-706C8A59212C.jpeg
4AD4596A-004A-43C4-84AA-38B846412720.jpeg

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I’ve been talking to 2 Motorhome owners on site here, one retired at 48 and the other at 56.

And I was enjoying myself Grrr.

I’m 57 and will be doing another 10 years yet, why do bloody people spoil your break🤣😄
At least you can laugh in their faces knowing you will be paying more tax than them, that will stop them gloating 😁😁

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
I reckon you could have done better with the phone. Nail it to a fence post at the bottom of the garden is one option
Or left it in work?
What site you on ?
Does it slope that much as in your pics??😄

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Or left it in work?
What site you on ?
Does it slope that much as in your pics??😄
No it’s flat, it’s my phone camera angle, Bleak House Farm York, although twin rear wheel one side on chocks as Caz likes it up a bit when she’s sleeping.

Edit, that sounds a bit rude on reading again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
It’s about 30 minute walk into York, lovely cycle in though, turn left out of the site, past Broadway shops, to the junction, straight on 200 yards and a lovely cycle path/footpath in along the riverside/park.

Nice walks around the area, university grounds right opposite the site, Fulford golf club right next door.

They are just building a couple of Shepherd huts in another area of the site.

Taxi into York £8.50, buses run x2 per hour, 8 minutes past and 39 minutes past the hour, bus stop at the end of the lane or just before Broadway shops, only a few minutes walk.

Good for dog walking too, there is a big development being constructed in the adjoining land, a big housing estate😬.
We’ve been coming here years, owner a lovely lady, she’s 81 now.

Can’t leave my phone at work, I’m a manager in supported living/learning disabilities, it’s people’s own tenancies/homes I manage. I do like the nailing to a garden post idea though😜

Last edited:
OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Had a nice meal out last night again with our American family, food was nice what little there was on the plate, but boy was it expensive. Lamb shank, mash, carrots, peas all in a fancy name, you can’t fool me. All in a red wine jeu😄

Peacock on this site in fact 2 of them.

992FFEE2-5B86-464E-87E7-F4EF7B711D50.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
I’ve been talking to 2 Motorhome owners on site here, one retired at 48 and the other at 56.

And I was enjoying myself Grrr.

I’m 57 and will be doing another 10 years yet, why do bloody people spoil your break🤣😄
If it makes you feel better CazPaul I'll be the same age as you next week, and will also be doing at least another 10 years...
Still, off for the weekend in the van tomorrow. (Looking on the bright side!)

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Last day today wow it’s flown

York yesterday afternoon again, a good look around. Shambles a nice little street and some of the buildings are wonderful architecture, treasurers hall is nice.

I knew we shouldn’t have had a few drinks.

Anyway I went to the public toilets I was desperate to go.

I was sat there in the cubicle I heard a voice from the next cubicle “ Hi how are you” ” I’m fine I said”
He said “ What you upto”

“ Just sitting here same as you I said”

He said “ Can I come over for dinner”

“ Excuse me I said”

I then heard a voice say” Sorry love I’ll have to call you back, some idiot in the next cubicle is answering all my questions”

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
We've just got back from a non Motorhome trip to Filey et al. Really enjoyed the area, on the last day we drove to Harrogate, Aunt Betty's Tea rooms. If your American family get chance to go there for a few hours make sure they go into Aunt Betty's. A real old English tea room experience (though modernised a bit), not cheap but worth the experience.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We've just got back from a non Motorhome trip to Filey et al. Really enjoyed the area, on the last day we drove to Harrogate, Aunt Betty's Tea rooms. If your American family get chance to go there for a few hours make sure they go into Aunt Betty's. A real old English tea room experience (though modernised a bit), not cheap but worth the experience.
Thankyou yes they’ve been already to the York one this week, only queued outside about 15 minutes they said.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Lovely day here, home today 😭

Teds enjoying basking this morning

There’s a lovely old SWB Merc 508D on site, it was a Dutch military ambulance that he imported and converted, 1976.

Enjoyed the week, I will be back on for the next week off work in a couple of months.

9B346E1A-63D2-480A-AC20-B88E3765E7B3.jpeg
DF85EFCE-B957-4254-BDD0-2502BB739698.jpeg

Aug 23, 2022
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail tracker
Exp
As of today, 23/8/22 minus a few weeks! ( deposit paid, awaiting collection)
Good Afternoon!

Paul, I love reading about your travels, just grabbing the time when you can and so appreciative of the lifestyle from the “tip of the iceberg “ kinda perspective.
We are still very restricted in our travel options but dream of the freedom to come.
We do get envious of others who are able to go as they wish without work or family commitments.
Probably a minimum of two years or so for us,( my retirement) or family situation changing.
Keep on reporting your trips, however short, it gives us inspiration for any small windows of opportunity we have to get away for a couple of days!

Phil in Northampton

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Good Afternoon!

Paul, I love reading about your travels, just grabbing the time when you can and so appreciative of the lifestyle from the “tip of the iceberg “ kinda perspective.
We are still very restricted in our travel options but dream of the freedom to come.
We do get envious of others who are able to go as they wish without work or family commitments.
Probably a minimum of two years or so for us,( my retirement) or family situation changing.
Keep on reporting your trips, however short, it gives us inspiration for any small windows of opportunity we have to get away for a couple of days!

Phil in Northampton
Thankyou Phil

We get away when we can, it can be hard reading all those threads with months away on the continent when we’re not in a position to do that.

You have to enjoy what suits your lifestyle.

Enjoy your travels too.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Home now, enjoyed it

On the A64 between York and the A1 we called in at Bilbrough services for lpg, connected all up, pressed button, nothing, the display monitor goes to zero but nothing comes out.

Went inside they said it should work try the other pump, so manoeuvre the van to the adjacent pump and this time it doesn’t even connect on the van, the trigger is broken😬

Anyway I’m my frustration I’ve gone and left my thick red welding gloves that I use when filling, on the top of the pump.

We just phoned and they have them there.

Is it worth over a 120 mile round trip to retrieve them though?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Home now, enjoyed it

On the A64 between York and the A1 we called in at Bilbrough services for lpg, connected all up, pressed button, nothing, the display monitor goes to zero but nothing comes out.

Went inside they said it should work try the other pump, so manoeuvre the van to the adjacent pump and this time it doesn’t even connect on the van, the trigger is broken😬

Anyway I’m my frustration I’ve gone and left my thick red welding gloves that I use when filling, on the top of the pump.

We just phoned and they have them there.

Is it worth over a 120 mile round trip to retrieve them though?
Ask them to post them how much do you value them. Maybe funster express could collect them for you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back