A couple of months ago I bought........ (1 Viewer)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Silly title!
I bought this a couple of months ago from Aldi, UK, I think it was about £35.00.
I have a sewing machine but can't carry it with me in the motorhome as it's a heavy all metal job, old but sews beautifully, I always end up repairing or making by hand, then I saw this.
IMG_0028.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG

I used it properly today and was amazed, I didn't expect much as it's plastic, very light and a bit 'mickey mouse', but, wow! It has all the basic stitches you need as well as a few you probably don't, it will button hole-haven't tried that yet, I works off the mains with a foot pedal and will work off AA batteries and has an on/pff switch in case you don't/can't use the foot pedal. It has a light, stitch adjustment, a thread cutter and, surprisingly, a quick detachable presser foot! Even has a small drawer to store bobbins!
It's a bit slow, a wee bit noisy-not excessively so-but it stitches beautifully and sounds solid.
I think I will be selling my old machine!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I know nothing about sewing machines but at that price I would tend to keep it and use it for a year before selling your old reliable one.

If you have not got enough use for it to really test it in the year, could you run up some new MH curtains for us please? Only 12 needed. Oh, and maybe a full cab-width thick one to keep the heat in the living area

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back