Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
Anyone thought about the potential issues of autumn EU touring? Most countries have said your booster is only valid for 9 months. Well my hubby had his 3rd last November, so will be counted as ‘unvaccinated’ from early August & so will only be allowed entry to France for ‘essential reasons’. That is going to totally naff up our autumn tour! UK 4th boosters are not being rolled out until sometime unspecified this autumn so our only hope is France relaxes its access to unvaccinated travellers ☹️

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Vulnerable and 75 and over are already having 4th boosters here, John is eligible age wise, i am not will see if i can push the asthma thing and get mine a bit sooner i am younger than he is, got all our previous vacs at the same time.
We had a very good system here, with people being contacted for 'last minute' jabs where some had not turned up and otherwise vaccine would have been wasted.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
HectorsHoose

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
The spring boosters are only for over 75’s & the ‘extremely’ vulnerable. So although hubby counted as vulnerable & got his earlier than mine he doesn’t come into the extreme category. The autumn rollout is not likely to start till October apparently 😩 Our only hope is France changing its rules on either vaccine validity or unvaccinated access rules.

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If you have 2 jabs and 3rd booster you have a full complement. This has indefinite validity as per the EU digital covid certificate.

It is what I have here in Spain.

The 9month "validity" only comes in to play if you have only had 2 jabs,or less. Or if you have had covid and then only had 1 jab. I'm sure there is a 3rd scenario but can’t remember what it is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
In Wales, the residents in our care home had their 4th jab a couple of weeks ago..
We advised that ours will start in September..not sure if that meant Care Home staff or others too

Upvote 0
OP
OP
HectorsHoose

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
If you have 2 jabs and 3rd booster you have a full complement. This has indefinite validity as per the EU digital covid certificate.

The 9month "validity" only comes in to play if you have only had 2 jabs,or less. Or if you have had covid and then only had 1 jab. I'm sure there is a 3rd scenario but can’t remember what it is.
I’m afraid not. Even if you’ve had the full course, once your last dose is more than 9 months previously you are counted as unvaccinated

Attachments

• 189860D7-50E6-46A5-A7C1-414E9613597E.png
    189860D7-50E6-46A5-A7C1-414E9613597E.png
    729.7 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 0

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I think that agrees with what Richard gus-lopez was saying does it not?

Full course = 2 jabs + booster. Fully complient.

2 jabs but no booster not complient
No mention of 2nd booster.

Or that's my interpretation as per script.

Screenshot_20220403_182030_com.android.chrome_edit_247639037812733.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
HectorsHoose

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
It says there that if you had you full course OVER 9 months ago (& none since), then you have to follow rules for ‘unvaccinated’ passengers.
So despite having everything, once 9 months goes by that’s it…you can’t get into France except for essential travel. Here’s UK gov travel advice

Attachments

• 68E2D820-F42E-4EE8-8F74-AB83261FE084.jpeg
    68E2D820-F42E-4EE8-8F74-AB83261FE084.jpeg
    379.5 KB · Views: 26
Upvote 0
Mar 1, 2021
Guardamar del Segura, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Sonic 700i SL

Gus, I read that from February the 1st all those vaccinated including with the booster was only valid for 270 days here in Spain, it was via this link, and also seen it on a Spanish government site which of course I can’t find now 🥴🥴

Upvote 0
May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014

If you’re fully vaccinated​

If you’re fully vaccinated and travelling from the UK, you can enter Spain without needing to test or quarantine regardless of your reason for travel. Your vaccination status must meet the Spanish authorities’ validity period requirements.

At least 14 days must have passed since being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) before arrival in Spain. Your date(s) of vaccination must be specified and your final dose must have been administered within 270 days prior to travel to Spain. If you completed your vaccination (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) more than 270 days prior to travel to Spain, you must be able to show proof of having received a booster jab. There is no requirement for 14 days to have passed between receiving your booster jab and entering Spain. Booster jabs can be administered at any time prior to travel to Spain. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs.

Only vaccines authorised by the European Medicines Agency or by the World Health Organisation are accepted.

Children under the age of 12 years old do not need to show proof of being fully vaccinated on entry to Spain – see Children and young people

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The above is an extract from the UK Governments entry requirements for Spain advice. Basically the booster jab currently has NO expiry date

Patrick

Upvote 0
May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
The confusion seems to be that the full course is 2 doses
Not 2 doses and a booster

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
This is a serious question that is beginning to trouble me, what other vaccine has continuous boosters and people still go down with the illness.
I have read many leading articles on the strategy and little consensus seems to emerge.
I am interested in informed views, not publicly or rumour.

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
This is a serious question that is beginning to trouble me, what other vaccine has continuous boosters and people still go down with the illness.
I have read many leading articles on the strategy and little consensus seems to emerge.
I am interested in informed views, not publicly or rumour.
Influenza
Tetanus
Having had my polio jabs around 1955, during the 1980s I had a booster (sugar lump one) before going somewhere hot & exotic

Upvote 0

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Anyone thought about the potential issues of autumn EU touring? Most countries have said your booster is only valid for 9 months. Well my hubby had his 3rd last November, so will be counted as ‘unvaccinated’ from early August & so will only be allowed entry to France for ‘essential reasons’. That is going to totally naff up our autumn tour! UK 4th boosters are not being rolled out until sometime unspecified this autumn so our only hope is France relaxes its access to unvaccinated travellers ☹️

Did you miss this bit from the page you screenshot’d in your later response?

“ Unvaccinated travellers must present a negative result of a PCR test less than 72 hours old or an antigen test less than 48 hours old before departure (departure of the first flight when the journey includes a connection), or a certificate of recovery (positive result of a PCR or antigen test carried out more than 11 days and less than six months previously. This certificate is only valid for a period of six months from the date of the examination or test).”

That’s not really a barrier to travel.

Ian

Upvote 0
Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
I didnt think booster was defunct at 9months i thought it was the initial two vaccinations
If however you are worried you can pay for and do a pcr or antigen test 48hours before travel ,
Or print off your qr code off nhs app with your name ckearly on it
And you might have to fill in a plf
Dont let it stop you enjoying your travels
You can go on govt travel site and they send you emails about the countrys travel needs
Good luck pampam

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Gus, I read that from February the 1st all those vaccinated including with the booster was only valid for 270 days here in Spain, it was via this link, and also seen it on a Spanish government site which of course I can’t find now 🥴🥴

It is extremely badly written.
What it is saying,along with many other reports, is that 2 doses , which are classed as a "full course" has a vailidity of 270 days (9 months) If during that time you have a booster jab then you now have indefinite validity which is what anyone in europe has when they are granted the EU digital certificate after 2 jabs & a booster.
The EU was still discussing whether there should be a validity on the certificate & if so what period. I think it all appears to have fallen by the wayside at present?

Upvote 0
Mar 1, 2021
Guardamar del Segura, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Sonic 700i SL
It is extremely badly written.
What it is saying,along with many other reports, is that 2 doses , which are classed as a "full course" has a vailidity of 270 days (9 months) If during that time you have a booster jab then you now have indefinite validity which is what anyone in europe has when they are granted the EU digital certificate after 2 jabs & a booster.
The EU was still discussing whether there should be a validity on the certificate & if so what period. I think it all appears to have fallen by the wayside at present?
Thanks, that makes sense, but as you say very poorly written and very confusing

Upvote 0
OP
OP
HectorsHoose

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
Unvaccinated travellers to France not only have to do the tests (which is not as issue), they currently can still only travel for essential reasons. But it’s transpired that our 2 + 1 jabs do cover us fully without the 9 month limit (which occurs if you’ve not had the 3rd booster).

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back