7 Days and counting (1 Viewer)

Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
Well tomorrow is the big day when we go and pay for our new motorhome. We will be picking it up the following Saturday for our first night away in the new van. We can't wait. Its like Christmas has come early.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why are you paying for it now rather than when you collect it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
Congratulations to you both. Christmas does not compare to a new van!! We are also in the "expectant " stage. Collection is arranged for January 5th for us so I am envious that you will have your "present" early. Like Minxy Girl though, why pay the balance now and not the 9th?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
There has been a change of plan in that we are not paying for it today but on collection next Saturday. We went to our dealer today to have a sneaky look again before next week. Just got to arrange the insurance now.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
Hi All
Sorry for the late reply.
Well we are made up with the van. The handover was comprehensive and we were able to go over bits and pieces as necessary and at no time did I feel we were being rushed out the door. We spent our first night in Brixham, only a few miles away from the dealers (not sure if I can name them here but their initials are AK) and we found that we had no issues what so ever. AK phoned me a couple of days later to ask how we got on and if there were any problems which I thought was good customer service and they again reiterated that they were only a phone call away should we need them. We had a tank full of fresh water which they did for us at the handover and apart from hooking up the mains cable, we were away. The gas system was demonstrated to us with their own bottle but like a complete novice (which we are), I forgot to put our bottles in the car so we couldn't cook that night but that wasn't a problem as we were only away one night and we went down the pub instead!
Driving the van was no problem and getting from the campsite to our storage near Tavistock was a breeze. Being in Cornwall, we are used to narrow lanes so no issues there.
We are away over the Christmas break in Bertie for just under a week and we can't wait. Being newbies to the motorhome community, although we did rent one for a month in New Zealand a couple of years ago, we are on a learning curve and have amassed a crate full of must have's for the van without going overboard. We have also a packing list so that I won't forget the gas bottles again!!
Thanks again for all the good wishes and advice we have had on our exciting journey with Bertie. I will post an update after we have had our week away.

Upvote 0
Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
So pleased to hear all went well, enjoy your new toy xx

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Karen, Bob,

That's great to hear. It sounds as if you've got everything sorted for Xmas too.

I'm really chuffed that it all worked out well for you both,:xThumb:

All the best,

Andrew

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back