40mph Winds 90% Chance of rain - Winter Tyres time (1 Viewer)

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
Swapped the 28mm smooth road tyres for 37mm treaded tyres. May make me slower but at least I can head back on the trails as well as road without too much worry of sliding on leaves or mud.....
Winter Tyres.jpg
Winter Tyres2.jpg
Winter Tyres3.jpg

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
My ones went on the car last week
Not essential now we are not working but they do make a big difference to stopping distances in the cold and wet
Saves the alloys getting all grotty from the salt as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Ah.... yes, I see now that the steering must have been turned right around in the first picture as the brake disk is now on the other side in the picture above....👍🏼

still... gave you something to do...😂😉

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Road biking only; I wouldn't change from slicks.
I'd have to look out for off line mud & leaves though :eek:
No chance of aquaplaning on a cycle tyre (y)

And although my recent offroad MTB cycling has been modest, that bike has year round mud ready tyres.

edit: but wind is another matter!! I would NOT road ride in any hint of strong wind.
I got blown 1-1.5m offline by a gust of wind on a road. It was traffic free at the time, but for a fun ride it was not worth it. So I'm more careful about avoiding road rides if I know there's a chance of strong gusts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Neil Bedwin
Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
I ride on the roads mainly but if the wind is from the south I can head down hill into the wind and come back up the Cheshire Lines path. The Cheshire Lines path can get very muddy in the wet and takes a while to dry out. Being in the country we also get a lot of leaves on the road. The Land Cruiser tyres have a flat centre section with lugs on the side for a bit of grip....see how they get on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back